Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plloyd Strikes Again
02-02-2015, 12:30 AM,
RE: Plloyd Strikes Again
(01-10-2015, 01:30 AM)larry marak Wrote: Our own graphics wizard has contributed new "official" images to the PG line once again, this time Trucks in SS camo for use in PG.

Where is this available for download? I looked on the AP page and can't find it.
02-02-2015, 02:44 AM,
SS transport

Vassal addon
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
02-02-2015, 05:07 AM,
Thanks.
02-06-2015, 01:30 PM,
I would love to play this game system, and really the naval games too, over Vassal/Skype but they wont allow it. Sad
02-06-2015, 01:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-06-2015, 01:37 PM by plloyd1010.)
Coral Sea used to have a Vassal Module. If you have good scans of the other games it isn't to build off of that.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
02-11-2015, 01:42 AM,
(02-06-2015, 01:30 PM)zaarin7 Wrote: I would love to play this game system, and really the naval games too, over Vassal/Skype but they wont allow it. Sad

It's not a matter of not allowing it, they just want to be the ones to host the module, and they don't have anyone to design the modules.
02-11-2015, 11:30 PM,
The understanding I've gotten from statements in the past was there was a fear of loss of intelectual control of the systems. So you don't see people doing anything like has been done for Panzerblitz, Panzer Leader, Arab Israeli Wars, Assault or World at War to name just a couple of other platoon scale games on Vassal and hugely supported on the web. If I'm wrong point me to the site like Imaginative Strategist or myassaultpage.
02-12-2015, 02:56 AM,
I think they do fear that, although I'm not sure why. I think most people believe that VASSAL modules ultimately increase, rather than decrease, sales. In more recent times, APL has stated that they will support VASSAL modules as long as they are hosted on the APL site. So you won't see a site like those you mention.
02-12-2015, 03:20 AM,
I think it is more of a marketing control issue, than an intellectual concern. You will notice on the Vassal site that very few currently published games are present. SPI games are also largely absent. PB/PL/AIW only began to be "open" after AH went out of business. There is still a copyright question, as Wizards of the Coast current holds it, but they seem to have abandoned most AH games to the wild. PG will likely go the same route in time. At the moment though, I would rather not see the company go under.
02-12-2015, 05:25 AM,
You need to enter a valid email address to receive a download link from AVP and this collection of email addresses has some value. They would not be able to collect email addresses of potential customers if the files were hosted elsewhere.