Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plloyd Strikes Again
01-10-2015, 01:30 AM,
Plloyd Strikes Again
Our own graphics wizard has contributed new "official" images to the PG line once again, this time Trucks in SS camo for use in PG.
01-12-2015, 09:55 PM,
RE: Plloyd Strikes Again
(01-10-2015, 01:30 AM)larry marak Wrote: Our own graphics wizard has contributed new "official" images to the PG line once again, this time Trucks in SS camo for use in PG.

Is it only me, or does nothing download when you click on the AVP link to the pdf? Huh
Tim
01-13-2015, 12:00 AM,
It's only you. I didn't have a problem. If it still doesn't work, I could send you a copy.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
01-13-2015, 12:47 AM,
Tim,

You're not the first one who had issues downloading files from the websites. Easiest I've found is to right-click on the "New transport pieces" and select "Save Link As..." from the popup menu.
01-13-2015, 06:11 AM,
Thanks for the advice. The link finally worked for me a couple of minutes ago Smile

Great job, Peter - these counters fill large gaps in a lot of scenarios. Now to get printing and mounting ready for Winter Soldiers #1!

Tim
01-13-2015, 06:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-13-2015, 06:16 AM by plloyd1010.)
That is what they were intended for. Smile

Fold along the dashed line. Everything should be obvious after that.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
02-01-2015, 05:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-01-2015, 05:32 AM by Bluebell88A.)
I thought that I would share a pic of my DIY SS Truck counters before (on the left) and after (centre) spraying with gloss varnish. Note how the black numbers and vehicle drawing have become much more pronounced, and compare favourably with the PzIV counter from Elsenborn Ridge.

The counters were printed on an A4 label sheet, stuck onto 1.4mm mounting board, side cut into strips and individually cut using a large pair of kitchen scissors. I finished them off with a No.18 X-Acto blade in a "C4 corner cutter".

I mounted the counters on a piece of card using White Tack, then sprayed them with 3 thin layers of inkjet paper gloss varnish 24 hrs apart (warning: the varnish smells until it has set!). This ensures that the varnish is not damaged during the cutting process, and it helps to seal the edges. The counters were then turned over for the reverse sides to be sprayed.

They look and feel very similar to regular PG counters.

Tim

Attached Files Image(s)

02-01-2015, 07:02 AM,
They look good to me. I have a C4 cutter too, which i have largely worn out. I got a nice 2mm cutter to replace it.

Good job Tim!
02-01-2015, 07:58 AM,
Great timing! I was going to post and ask if anyone put a coating on their DIY pieces and what they used. Thanks!
02-01-2015, 10:27 AM,
Now for a question completely different... Did anyone try the Vassal addon I made for Shad's AB:IE module. I saw that Mike put it in a string of daily content posts he put up about 2 weeks ago. I was wondering how it worked for anyone else.