Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Returning from the Dead (oh wait, that's Easter...)
12-26-2014, 09:06 AM,
Returning from the Dead (oh wait, that's Easter...)
Hey all, and Merry Christmas!

It's been an incredibly busy year, what with me and the wife working 80-hour weeks to grow the freelance editing business. But we've been moving into new and better-paying areas like content creation and book packaging, so before long I might actually have some free time on my hands again. That means GAMING as well as my own writing projects, so I hope to start posting some AARs here soon. And I haven't even had a chance to try PG 4th Ed. (not least because I never received my developer's copy of Kursk: South Flank . . . *sigh*) or PG Modern, so getting into those will be a fun way of ramping back up.

But anyway, sorry to have been gone so long, and I look forward to getting back up to speed on all things PG. Later!

— Doug McNair
12-26-2014, 09:38 AM,
RE: Returning from the Dead (oh wait, that's Easter...)
Merry Christmas &
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VlGyMG0ksg
warstudent aka Jim
12-26-2014, 04:57 PM,
(12-26-2014, 09:06 AM)upintheattic Wrote: Hey all, and Merry Christmas!

It's been an incredibly busy year, what with me and the wife working 80-hour weeks to grow the freelance editing business. But we've been moving into new and better-paying areas like content creation and book packaging, so before long I might actually have some free time on my hands again. That means GAMING as well as my own writing projects, so I hope to start posting some AARs here soon. And I haven't even had a chance to try PG 4th Ed. (not least because I never received my developer's copy of Kursk: South Flank . . . *sigh*) or PG Modern, so getting into those will be a fun way of ramping back up.

But anyway, sorry to have been gone so long, and I look forward to getting back up to speed on all things PG. Later!

— Doug McNair

Welcome back Doug!
12-27-2014, 03:16 AM,
Great to hear from you Doug.
12-27-2014, 04:40 AM,
Thanks, guys. I think I'll start back in with Road to Berlin. It was the first boxed PG game I developed, so I've got a soft spot for it.
12-27-2014, 05:07 AM,
This is the time of year I like to break out the New Years Day Hungarian river crossing from Road to Berlin.
12-27-2014, 05:42 AM,
(12-27-2014, 05:07 AM)joe_oppenheimer Wrote: This is the time of year I like to break out the New Years Day Hungarian river crossing from Road to Berlin.

Brand new copy of Road to Berlin, a new nationality (Hungarians), and a major river crossing. A genuine "three-fer" for sure!

Smile
01-01-2015, 08:44 AM,
Welcome back Doug...Reichsmarine and To Hell With Spain were finally published last month with mounted counters!!!! Thank's for the final Operational Scenario in R. The ultimate Plan Read operational game!!:-).

"That is not dead which can forever lie, and with strange eons even death may die".
01-01-2015, 09:19 AM,
(01-01-2015, 08:44 AM)larry marak Wrote: Welcome back Doug...Reichsmarine and To Hell With Spain were finally published last month with mounted counters!!!! Thank's for the final Operational Scenario in R. The ultimate Plan Read operational game!!:-).

"That is not dead which can forever lie, and with strange eons even death may die".

Thanks, Larry! I need to get ahold of the mounted "To Hell With Spain" at some point. That was a lot of fun to design.

-- Doug
01-03-2015, 03:14 AM,
Gotta get home to my man-cave soon. 28 days on the road too much.....must roll dice....

Reichsmarine wasn't your design, Tsar's Navy maybe?? Can't tell the players without a program.