Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
missing maps
12-16-2014, 12:00 PM,
missing maps
Took a big plunge and bought three modules during the Viking Funeral sale. Previously I owned only Kursk South Front, and have played PG only once so far against someone else. Hopefully I can talk my buddy Ron into more PG over the holidays.

So I'm putting a lot of faith in PG and APL. The problem is Battle of the Bulge arrived with two maps missing. How is APL's customer service? I emailed them immediately. I would have called but I did that a few weeks ago when I had questions about the Viking sale and the voicemail box was full.

When can I expect this issue to be resolved? I'm obviously bullish about PG, but my initial impression of APL is not as good. I'm not dissing them - we get accustomed to a high level of customer service. Small companies like APL sometimes struggle to meet those expectations.
12-16-2014, 01:46 PM,
RE: missing maps
I would post about it on the Avalanche or PG topic of Consimworld. I like the game series but they are terrible about customer support follow up. Unfortunately it seems to take public shaming to get them act.

Not to be too much of a downer, but I would recommend Battle of the Bulge last of all the boxed games. The scenarios are just not well developed. You get much better Bulge action in Elsenborn Ridge.
12-16-2014, 08:23 PM,
Try Jim Stear, he's your best hope!

(12-16-2014, 12:00 PM)t1M0t8yk Wrote: Took a big plunge and bought three modules during the Viking Funeral sale. Previously I owned only Kursk South Front, and have played PG only once so far against someone else. Hopefully I can talk my buddy Ron into more PG over the holidays.

So I'm putting a lot of faith in PG and APL. The problem is Battle of the Bulge arrived with two maps missing. How is APL's customer service? I emailed them immediately. I would have called but I did that a few weeks ago when I had questions about the Viking sale and the voicemail box was full.

When can I expect this issue to be resolved? I'm obviously bullish about PG, but my initial impression of APL is not as good. I'm not dissing them - we get accustomed to a high level of customer service. Small companies like APL sometimes struggle to meet those expectations.
12-17-2014, 12:13 AM,
Posting on Consimworld worked for me. AP seems much more active there and as far as I can tell do not respond to emails.

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/?8@@.ee6fed8

Good luck!

rv
12-17-2014, 01:29 AM,
Keep in mind AVP recently hired one FT employee so it's possible someone now has the time to respond to emails.

Having said that, I would post immediately on Consimworld because AVP may go ahead and burned the leftovers inventory from the Viking Funeral sale in a couple of weeks. I expect they will keep some inventory to replace parts for incomplete orders but why risk it?

If you have Battle of the Bulge and Elsenborn Ridge, you can play all the Winter Soldiers scenarios. The reason I mention that is Winter Soldiers has many smallish combined-arms scenarios that are very good when starting out with the series. I really enjoyed that supplement when I started out playing PG.
12-17-2014, 01:52 AM,
Just to concur with Joe and Hugmenot. Whilst there are some good scenarios in BoB, the general scenario design is somewhat "primitive." But as Hugmenot mentioned, having BoB and ER also allows one to play WS - which in my opinion FWTW - having played them all - has a very high standard of scenario.

Good luck with the customer service. The APL Customer Support Topic at CSW - as the others have said - is perhaps the best avenue of approach.
12-18-2014, 12:31 AM,
Thanks, all, I posted to the CSW thread, wish me luck.

Unfortunately Elsenborn Ridge and Winter Soldiers are out-of-print. Hopefully I'll be satisfied with the scenario designs in the modules I've got (Eastern Front, Road to Berlin, Battle of the Bulge, and Kursk South Front). BTW, old-style maps are much better than I expected. Dunno why they're yellow instead of green, but even the new Kursk maps are brown instead of green.

Confused
(12-17-2014, 01:52 AM)Poor Yorek Wrote: Just to concur with Joe and Hugmenot. Whilst there are some good scenarios in BoB, the general scenario design is somewhat "primitive." But as Hugmenot mentioned, having BoB and ER also allows one to play WS - which in my opinion FWTW - having played them all - has a very high standard of scenario.

Good luck with the customer service. The APL Customer Support Topic at CSW - as the others have said - is perhaps the best avenue of approach.
12-18-2014, 05:57 AM,
(12-18-2014, 12:31 AM)t1M0t8yk Wrote: Unfortunately Elsenborn Ridge and Winter Soldiers are out-of-print.

Not to advertise or endorse, but games like this can be found elsewhere, for example: http://www.nobleknight.com/ProductDetail...2148051988

PY
12-18-2014, 06:01 AM,
Yeah, Elsenborn Ridge has popped up there a few times. At one point I was going to buy it but someone else grabbed it before I pulled the trigger. I'm torn between finding it from somewhere like this or waiting for AP to reprint it. I'm a little worried it might change a bit and not be compatible with the previous version which is what everyone else will have.
12-19-2014, 10:33 AM,
(12-16-2014, 12:00 PM)t1M0t8yk Wrote: The problem is Battle of the Bulge arrived with two maps missing.

Aye, if you don't get a response in the next week, let me know. Mike is paying attention to my e-mails, as we are working on a new SWWAS game.

-Jim
"Bugs! BUGS!!!"