Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
so long for a month...
12-04-2014, 01:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-04-2014, 01:50 AM by larry marak.)
so long for a month...
You guys play nice till I get back. Doing a 1 month car trip and cruise with my wife and sister-in-law. Will be visiting the Pirate Museum in Nassau, maybe learn a few things of use when WAS Age of Sail finally comes out. Then heading up into snow bound Tulsa to visit a sister-in-law for 10 days (she has 4 cats, all of us are allergic, can't convince her two sisters that this is a BAD idea though). Finally a magnificent drive into New Mexico to walk Carlsbad Caverns and visit the South Rim of the Grand Canyon in Arizona. If you don't hear from me after Jan 5, look for a 21 year old Dodge Spirit after the snows melt. Signing off.
12-04-2014, 02:31 AM,
RE: so long for a month...
Have a great trip! We'll try to keep the place going while you are gone though it will be hard. Smile
12-04-2014, 02:42 AM,
No WiFi on the boat? Age of Sail indeed!
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
12-04-2014, 02:51 AM,
Who's going to take the job of leaker of rumors while Larry is gone?
12-04-2014, 04:02 AM,
Have fun Larry! We all know you just broke your probation and are really serving a one month term. Smile

Kidding, enjoy!
12-04-2014, 09:04 AM,
It's going to be quiet without you. Enjoy the vacation !
12-07-2014, 09:20 AM,
The Marak's have visited the Alamo and it's still standing!!!!
12-07-2014, 01:37 PM,
(12-07-2014, 09:20 AM)larry marak Wrote: The Marak's have visited the Alamo and it's still standing!!!!

Ok, just so long as we don't hear that you pulled an Ozzy Osbourne!
12-09-2014, 04:15 PM,
Larry, if you are passing through Houston on this sojourn, let me know via BGG Mail. Would be happy to join you and better half + s'n'l for dinner.

-Jim
"Bugs! BUGS!!!"
12-20-2014, 12:00 AM,
I'd had loved to have made it to your place, but I had to get from Galveston to Tulsa in one day, taking time out only to allow my sister-in-law to do a return at a store at the Town and Country Mall. in Memorial City. Didn't even get to check out the Texas on the way to the ship. Got 12 nights free at a la Quinta Inn in Tulsa, paid for with frequent flyer miles (the catch is their water heaters went out on Sunday, still taking cold showers). So far my 21 year old Dodge Spirit has required a new radiator, timing belt, water pump, new rear bearings, and yesterday new rear shocks (you drive 2 women around for a month on a combined Carribean and Oklahoma Christmas car trip...7 suitcases, way more than my old shocks needed!!). Having fun though.

I notice there has been almost zero daily content the last few weeks over at Avalanche.com......