Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Afrika Korps:
11-21-2014, 08:04 AM,
RE: Afrika Korps:
(11-21-2014, 03:07 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote:
(11-21-2014, 02:46 AM)thomaso827 Wrote: Think I have those older civilian counters. Looked a bit like the Madonna and Child image to me. Hadn't played them yet but I made them up thinking they looked better than just putting out a bunch of truck counters or something. Now I will actually play those scenarios. Smile

Tom Oxley

I know the ones you are talking about. AP created those. Brian M made his out of the Ban counters out of DR. He took the guns away and squished them down a bit. The result looked like people in hazmat suits.

What colour are they ? (The background that is, not the people) Smile
11-21-2014, 08:30 AM,
Mine counter backgrounds are gray, 30% shade. The symbol in the upper left corner is the NATO/UK map symbol for a group of civilians. The images themselves are black silhouettes of people with somewhat randomly chosen colored clothing . Skin color (mostly hands & backs of necks) is "Caucasianish". A collection of men, women, and children with adults comprise the images. I put 3 images on each counter.

I made the emergent civilian leaders with "one of the group" images set in a laurel wreath, with a black shadow. I gave the leaders alpha sequenced Italian boy's names.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
11-22-2014, 12:42 AM,
I wonder how well double blind would work via email. Both sides sending email to a 3rd party/judge. As long as everyone is responsive that could be fun. Probably at some point the judge could bail and let the game play out as nothing left is hidden.
11-23-2014, 02:48 AM,
I've ran Flattop double blind in the past. My favorite moment from that was when the main IJN/USN CV task groups sailed by each other just out of sighting distance at night. Dawn found them just below the horizon from each other. Then each launched there dawn patrols...in front of them. In other words away from there opponent. When I showed the players my master track chart afterwards is was a diffident Homer Simpson "Doh!" moment.