Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Afrika Korps:
11-20-2014, 09:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-20-2014, 10:47 AM by larry marak.)
Afrika Korps:
Just became more valueable 5 minutes ago......:-} Extended Beda Fomm by Brian McCue with counters by Plloyd. Needed to get out now, as the scenario was written for use with 2nd or 3rd edition PG rules.

Another free download for Gold Club Members.
11-20-2014, 05:15 PM,
RE: Afrika Korps:
Atta boy, Peter!
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
11-20-2014, 11:45 PM,
Found the email first thing this morning and have it downloaded. Looks great.
11-21-2014, 01:17 AM,
Thanks guys. Glad it's going over well. I like the idea of variable VP income, which Brian does with the civilians. You wouldn't believe what his civilian counters looked like.

Personally I don't like Brian McCue's double-blind system, but the rest of the mini-campaign is pretty good. The problem I have with his double-blind idea (as with Straus', Rains', Pope's before) is that it requires a referee. I don't know about your situations, but I have never found someone competent with a system who wanted to watch 2 other people play.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
11-21-2014, 02:04 AM,
(11-21-2014, 01:17 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: Thanks guys. Glad it's going over well. I like the idea of variable VP income, which Brian does with the civilians. You wouldn't believe what his civilian counters looked like.

Personally I don't like Brian McCue's double-blind system, but the rest of the mini-campaign is pretty good. The problem I have with his double-blind idea (as with Straus', Rains', Pope's before) is that it requires a referee. I don't know about your situations, but I have never found someone competent with a system who wanted to watch 2 other people play.

I did it once with a Squad Leader battle. Setup the maps in 2 rooms and I moved back and forth. It was pretty cool. The guy attacking was just looking at this empty board wondering where the defenders were.

Of course that was back when the 2 guys playing were in High School and lived with their parents. Smile It would be harder to pull off now.

I did pick up a 2nd copy of Flat Top with the idea of doing it double blind but never got around to it.
11-21-2014, 02:20 AM,
I have 2 copies of Flat Top also. If you combine the combat system from Carrier Battles with the flight ops from Flat Top, you get a really cool game. Get some Vis-a-vis pens and put thin plexiglass on the maps, that will make plotting & searching very interesting.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
11-21-2014, 02:32 AM,
Hmm, I've never played CB. Sounds fun though.
11-21-2014, 02:46 AM,
Think I have those older civilian counters. Looked a bit like the Madonna and Child image to me. Hadn't played them yet but I made them up thinking they looked better than just putting out a bunch of truck counters or something. Now I will actually play those scenarios. Smile

Tom Oxley
11-21-2014, 02:56 AM,
(11-21-2014, 02:32 AM)richvalle Wrote: Hmm, I've never played CB. Sounds fun though.
It's the same theme done by Rising Sun Simulations. The combat system is quite detailed, but still playable. I also think it is the only game they produced.
11-21-2014, 03:07 AM,
(11-21-2014, 02:46 AM)thomaso827 Wrote: Think I have those older civilian counters. Looked a bit like the Madonna and Child image to me. Hadn't played them yet but I made them up thinking they looked better than just putting out a bunch of truck counters or something. Now I will actually play those scenarios. Smile

Tom Oxley

I know the ones you are talking about. AP created those. Brian M made his out of the Ban counters out of DR. He took the guns away and squished them down a bit. The result looked like people in hazmat suits.