Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now out of print
11-15-2014, 04:56 AM,
RE: Now out of print
(11-15-2014, 03:13 AM)Matt W Wrote: The only portion of my collection that qualifies as part of an "estate" are the La Battaille games. Everything else is pretty much tag sale stuff according to my wife.

Should I be worried that she is aware of that...?

I told my wife that when I go she can just sh*tcan my collection. Everything is pretty much beaten up and worn out because I play a lot. She can try to sell anything she wants, but it won't bring in much.

BTW if my wife were telling me things like that (instead of me telling her) then I'd suspect that I had bigger problems than pondering the fate of my games. Big Grin
11-15-2014, 05:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-15-2014, 05:06 AM by tlangston28.)
(11-14-2014, 11:39 PM)vince hughes Wrote:
(11-14-2014, 05:08 PM)tlangston28 Wrote:
(11-14-2014, 09:52 AM)campsawyer Wrote: Now Kokoda will reach new bidding levels on eBay.

Glad I got it when I did... Not that I have ever seen PG games sold for outrageous prices.

You've not visited the APL site then ? Angel

Yes, I have, sir, however, I only peruse until Black November or another GC offering comes along. Tongue
11-15-2014, 05:14 AM,
(11-15-2014, 03:02 AM)Hugmenot Wrote: Keep in mind Noble Knight has posted a copy of Distant Oceans for $95 on eBay for a long, long time and it's still unsold.

You could only find copies of Heroes of the Soviet Union for $95 on eBay two years ago. These copies did not sell and you can see much cheaper these days (I got an unpunched copy for $28 last year).

Patience is key on eBay.

The funny thing about this is that I can go online and look at Heroes of the Soviet Union for $95+, when I walk into my FLGS, I see Heroes on the shelf, in addition to Cone of Fire, Bomb Alley, etc., albeit at regular MSRP pricing, but they are there.

In fact, I was able to walk in and buy Band Of Brothers, Screaming Eagles there for regular price (minus credits, etc) when online, it is not available unless you are willing to pay $150+ ... and I will not pay that much for a game I intend to PLAY. Huh

Just wondering, does anyone actually buy those games by Noble Knight that are priced as though they are collector's items? I've noticed the same thing where it sits online for a long time. Not that I am knocking Noble Knight, (I bought a C4 counter cutter from them and happy with the service) just curious.
11-15-2014, 05:20 AM,
(11-15-2014, 01:31 AM)larry marak Wrote: tlangston, not PG, but Distant Oceans for SWWAS is offered by an amazon tied store for $500.

Huh $500 for basically a box of cardboard and paper. I understand that some are collectors and such and I have no problems with that but it doesn't make sense to me. If I was looking for that game, it would be to play it, and if I paid that much for it, I would definitely NOT play it.
11-15-2014, 05:36 AM,
No box, no counters, this was just a scenario book!!!!!!!
11-15-2014, 06:33 AM,
(11-15-2014, 05:36 AM)larry marak Wrote: No box, no counters, this was just a scenario book!!!!!!!

Big Grin Even better!
11-15-2014, 08:46 AM,
(11-15-2014, 03:13 AM)Matt W Wrote: The only portion of my collection that qualifies as part of an "estate" are the La Battaille games. Everything else is pretty much tag sale stuff according to my wife.

Should I be worried that she is aware of that...?

You might be surprised Matt !

I've currently got a 21 game ebay sale going on to clear some room. Basically off loading games I have tried and don't like or read the rules and don't like, or badly produced games (to my taste).

I am shocked to see that 'Panzer' by GMT has reached £77 right now. The sale ends tomorrow night so there might even be the 'Last Minute Madness' on some of them yet driving the price up further. I initially put it on for £20, which I would have been happy to get. So some of these items can surprise you.

BTW - 'Panzer' came in the category of "Too many rules" for the level of action. I therefore couldn't be bothered to follow it up by trying to learn the game properly. Of course, despite my personal taste, I realise its a very good game.
11-15-2014, 08:51 AM,
I do have The Campaign for North Africa and The Next War, both unpunched because I could never find the time or table space (or, in the case of CNA enough pencils and erasers) to play. My collection of PG is unfortunately punched and, in certain cases, showing counter wear. As a result, it cannot even carry the price of those pristine products held in an unpunched, shrinkwrapped state. But it is a COMPLETE collection, testifying to my fringe case of OCD...
No "minor" country left behind...
11-15-2014, 09:04 AM,
I'm trying to keep my collection organized so that it can be cleanly sold or given away when I my heart stops. Need more boxes.
11-15-2014, 10:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-15-2014, 10:31 AM by Shad.)
(11-15-2014, 09:04 AM)larry marak Wrote: I'm trying to keep my collection organized so that it can be cleanly sold or given away when I my heart stops. Need more boxes.

Donate it to PG-HQ. Big Grin We'll create a new section in your memory: The Marak Rumour Mill all about upcoming products that we're not supposed to know about Wink

(We don't want you dead. Mike B might ha! but we don't. Wouldn't be the same around here without ol' Larry)
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...