Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now out of print
11-16-2014, 05:40 AM,
RE: Now out of print
Catching up on this thread, my the many turns.

First, selling Kokoda on ebay will not move very much. There are four sales for them going on all within the $20-$25 range. I meant my post as a joke, hence the comment it any one wants them.

Second, Vince you have stumbled on the hot item of the moment. Panzer has just released a 3rd game with the Americans armor. It give most US armor from 1944-45 range and that has had high demand. The problem is you need the first game to play it and although it is on the reprint list it won't be soon. I have had players ask if I would sell mine, but I did learn the rules and it is fun at a tank on tank level.

Third, Larry you are starting to sound like Redd Foxx is Sanford and Son. Big Grin Best cure to keep that heart going is to crack open a game or two.
11-16-2014, 07:55 AM,
Alan,

Panzer sold for £88 in the end. Couldn't believe it ? Best I sold it then before it was reprinted.

Liberation and Kursk BT both went for £44 pound each. At least that will be money back if they ever decide (as stated) to re-do them with die-cut counters and lighter boards for L44.
11-16-2014, 09:08 AM,
Panzer became hot again a month or two ago. I saw offers of Panzer + first two expansions in the $110 - $125 early summer. I passed on them as although I have very fond memories of the Yaquinto games (Panzer and '88), I had fonder memories of ASL if I want to put in that level of effort.

Liberation and Kursk Burning Tigers for 44 pounds seems like a fair price for both parties. I am glad you recovered most of your initial investment.
11-16-2014, 10:09 AM,
(11-16-2014, 07:55 AM)vince hughes Wrote: Alan,

Panzer sold for £88 in the end. Couldn't believe it ? Best I sold it then before it was reprinted.

Liberation and Kursk BT both went for £44 pound each. At least that will be money back if they ever decide (as stated) to re-do them with die-cut counters and lighter boards for L44.

You hit the right time on the Panzer game, that is twice as much as retail.
11-16-2014, 10:13 AM,
(11-16-2014, 09:08 AM)Hugmenot Wrote: Panzer became hot again a month or two ago. I saw offers of Panzer + first two expansions in the $110 - $125 early summer. I passed on them as although I have very fond memories of the Yaquinto games (Panzer and '88), I had fonder memories of ASL if I want to put in that level of effort.

Liberation and Kursk Burning Tigers for 44 pounds seems like a fair price for both parties. I am glad you recovered most of your initial investment.

I like the originals of Panzer and 88 back in the day. These updated rules although longer to read are simpler to play. Jim Day brought in some simplicity to the rules although the rules editing could be a bit better. A couple of key points are slightly vague, but have been clarified on CSW and BBG.
11-16-2014, 11:48 PM,
I spent the money to acquire the original Panzer trio 20 years ago. The rules are up as a pdf and I got those to use if I ever play it.

I've long had that reaction to the collector prices on games. I mean if it was hundreds of years old or printed on papyrus I could see it but a game like any of those we see? Ridicules!

GMT is well known for there P500 system being really P750-1000. I just this week got the charge notice on a supplement I pledged 3-4 years ago and reached 500 2-3 years ago.
11-17-2014, 01:14 AM,
Thing is Zaarin, some people can easily spend £88 on a night out. Therefore, to spend the same on a game that will last for months or years of play seems like chicken feed to them. Also, a small car is £45 to fill up with petrol. A game costs less than that most times, so once again you think "Ooh less than a tank of petrol" and then it does not seem so much....
11-17-2014, 08:32 AM,
Your roving rumormonger reports that Lib 44 is soon to be reprinted, possibly by die cutting depending on the quality of the new contractor's work. Most likely triple thickness counters are a thing of the past.
11-17-2014, 09:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-17-2014, 09:32 AM by campsawyer.)
Like new Coke and disco...

I really did not like these especially when they start to fade with little use.