Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
06-19-2013, 11:32 PM,
RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
7 Kronenbourgs... yikes!
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
07-20-2013, 03:17 PM,
Hello. I live in central Indiana and am interested in Panzer Grenadier's system. I have to say I've been here for a couple of days and am overwhelmed by the support and interest the game system has, not to mention the helpful and elegant website environment. It's a powerful testimony for PG, that the game has developed such a devoted and talented following. I look forward to learning a lot here and starting to play, which I usually do solo due to lack of gamers in my area.

One brief question -- two things that most attract me to PG is the willingness to support PTO/CBI games, and to embrace alternative histories. So, any chance of Seelowe, Olympic, or Coronet supplements?
07-21-2013, 01:01 AM,
(07-20-2013, 03:17 PM)Clupper21 Wrote: Hello. I live in central Indiana and am interested in Panzer Grenadier's system. I have to say I've been here for a couple of days and am overwhelmed by the support and interest the game system has, not to mention the helpful and elegant website environment. It's a powerful testimony for PG, that the game has developed such a devoted and talented following. I look forward to learning a lot here and starting to play, which I usually do solo due to lack of gamers in my area.

One brief question -- two things that most attract me to PG is the willingness to support PTO/CBI games, and to embrace alternative histories. So, any chance of Seelowe, Olympic, or Coronet supplements?

Welcome to PG Clupper! It is pretty much up to the designers interest or taste what get submitted to Avalanche Press and then Mike at AP if he is interested in the design or not.
07-21-2013, 01:08 AM,
New to this site. Gamed since 1972. Started with Panzerblitz (who didn't). Moved to ASL, OCS, and others. Bought PG several years ago and dabbled with it. ASL didn't scratch the itch and am returning to this system. So far the return has been a happy one. I live outside of Philly.
07-21-2013, 02:26 AM,
Welcome to you both!!

Clupper21: I would say that any game system that has a scenario for the War of the Worlds, a Polish return to Poland to liberate it from the Soviets (Polish Steel), and three supplements about the Cold War going hot (Iron Curtain, Patton's Nightmare and Hammer & Sickle - which actually contains most of Iron Curtain BTW) is ripe for any expansion action for alternate reality. The OB already exists for most of these (Africka Korps and Fall of France for Seelowe and Saipan plus Guadalcanal for Olympic/Coronet).

Given that there is a segment of the PG base that looks askance (Vince) on alternate reality these types of games are usually sold as supplements - often without maps and counters, so owning the supporting games is necessary. While both Patton's Nightmare and Hammer & Sickle came out with counters it is because they used the same counter set as Iron Curtain and their publication was therefore much less expensive. I expect that a well developed set of scenarios (possibly with a campaign game) would be of isome nterest and could be marketed either as a printed scenario booklet or as a download product, There are enough of us junkies who will buy anything with PG in front of it (PG: the breakfast cereal) to make something with low overhead profitable.
No "minor" country left behind...
07-21-2013, 05:41 AM,
MattW, That's good to hear. I think Seelowe would be the most obvious "what if" scenario and was kind of surprised there isn't anything in PG about it, given all the other "what ifs." I should also think simulating kamikaze and fanatical militia in Coronet and Olympic would be a challenge -- albeit somewhat depressing, which is maybe why there aren't any scenarios for either operation.

BTW, is Elsenborn Ridge OOP? I was trying to get a hold of it for my first purchase and it's not availabe on the AP website. Does it ever show up on BGG or Ebay, or were too few printed to be readily circulated on the market?
07-21-2013, 07:30 AM,
Clupper,

EB has been one of APLs best games. There was two runs of it, but most people have bought them all up. Not many people parting with them as it is a core game for boards and pieces. Keep an eye on ebay, every once and a while on pops up and check games you might find one floating around.
07-21-2013, 08:47 AM,
Clupper,

Have you tried Noble Knight Games at nobleknight.com. They often have games that are sold out at Avalanche Press.

Lucky Eddie
07-21-2013, 10:00 AM,
(07-21-2013, 05:41 AM)Clupper21 Wrote: BTW, is Elsenborn Ridge OOP? I was trying to get a hold of it for my first purchase and it's not availabe on the AP website. Does it ever show up on BGG or Ebay, or were too few printed to be readily circulated on the market?
There is one copy listed on eBay. I don't see Elsenborn Ridge much on eBay lately so I am not sure what I would expect as a good price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Avalanche-Press-...19df61b61a
07-22-2013, 12:52 AM,
(07-21-2013, 02:26 AM)Matt W Wrote: Given that there is a segment of the PG base that looks askance (Vince) on alternate reality t

Maaaan !! Why am I always the baddie Confused