Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4th ed Terrain Effects Card
08-23-2016, 04:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-23-2016, 08:22 AM by larsterkhan.)
4th ed Terrain Effects Card
I've always been really annoyed at the way the Terrain Effects Chart was laid out in 4th ed. I haven't found where anyone has posted a new layout and so here it is. The front side has the chart and notes for 'All Water' to 'Light Woods/Light Jungle' and the back 'Major River' to 'Woods.' Now the chart and notes for a terrain type are on the same page. If anyone finds where I've made a typo or has an idea for improvement let me know.

Attached Files
.pdf   PG4_TECv2.pdf (Size: 182.71 KB / Downloads: 127)
08-23-2016, 06:01 AM,
RE: 4th ed Terrain Effects Card
Thanks for posting this. I too find the layout of the TEC to be really annoying the few times I have to refer to it.
08-23-2016, 06:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-23-2016, 07:35 AM by Poor Yorek.)
Sweet.

Looking at my 4th ed. table, I only see two differences, both in the Rice Paddy/Salt Marsh row. I have a 4 (not 5) for Mot. movement cost. And, in "other effects," my table has +1 DF (not -1). Perhaps these were errata that were corrected? In any case, those were the only two differences between your pdf and my "green card."
08-23-2016, 08:23 AM,
(08-23-2016, 06:14 AM)Poor Yorek Wrote: Sweet.

Looking at my 4th ed. table, I only see two differences, both in the Rice Paddy/Salt Marsh row.  I have a 4 (not 5) for Mot. movement cost.  And, in "other effects," my table has +1 DF (not -1).  Perhaps these were errata that were corrected?  In any case, those were the only two differences between your pdf and my "green card."

Thanks. Those were typos on my part. I've updated the pdf in the original post with the corrections. 
08-23-2016, 08:53 AM,
Awesome! What a great way to introduce yourself in our forum! Smile

For years now I've been talking about putting up charts on the main menu. This is a good kick in the pants to get off my butt and finally do it. May we include this one? (with attribution, of course!)
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
08-23-2016, 01:56 PM,
(08-23-2016, 08:53 AM)Shad Wrote: Awesome! What a great way to introduce yourself in our forum! Smile

For years now I've been talking about putting up charts on the main menu. This is a good kick in the pants to get off my butt and finally do it. May we include this one? (with attribution, of course!)

Be my guest. I'm flattered.
08-24-2016, 01:32 AM,
(08-23-2016, 04:13 AM)larsterkhan Wrote: I've always been really annoyed at the way the Terrain Effects Chart was laid out in 4th ed. I haven't found where anyone has posted a new layout and so here it is.

Actually, yes there was, but it was a little before your time. Plain 4thEd charts
What bugged me at the time was that the terrain Chart and terrain notes were split. All the other charts had very busy backgrounds.

If you are going to start hacking the game, we should talk. Cool
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
08-24-2016, 06:50 AM,
(08-24-2016, 01:32 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote:
(08-23-2016, 04:13 AM)larsterkhan Wrote: I've always been really annoyed at the way the Terrain Effects Chart was laid out in 4th ed. I haven't found where anyone has posted a new layout and so here it is.

Actually, yes there was, but it was a little before your time. Plain 4thEd charts
What bugged me at the time was that the terrain Chart and terrain notes were split. All the other charts had very busy backgrounds.

If you are going to start hacking the game, we should talk. Cool

I don't know about hacking the game, but the charts on the other hand.....
Just getting back into PG and I'm having to keep looking up too much that I wish were in the charts. 

Great idea having the LoS chart on the TEC BTW
08-24-2016, 08:02 AM,
(08-24-2016, 06:50 AM)larsterkhan Wrote: Great idea having the LoS chart on the TEC BTW

Oh yeah. That is from PB2. It creates a truer LOS slope than that native to PG. I think a few other players use it too.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
08-29-2016, 02:59 AM,
(08-23-2016, 04:13 AM)larsterkhan Wrote: I've always been really annoyed at the way the Terrain Effects Chart was laid out in 4th ed. I haven't found where anyone has posted a new layout and so here it is. The front side has the chart and notes for 'All Water' to 'Light Woods/Light Jungle' and the back 'Major River' to 'Woods.' Now the chart and notes for a terrain type are on the same page. If anyone finds where I've made a typo or has an idea for improvement let me know.

Thanks, larsterkhan.
La guerra è bella, ma incomoda.