Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
4th edition hidden rules and artillery recon
07-03-2014, 04:30 AM,
RE: 4th edition hidden rules and artillery recon
I pasted 16.6 from 3rd edition rules below. Can you point to me where it states the hidden unit is revealed if an artillery fire? I can't see that rule in section 9 Bombardment either.

Is it possible you base your opinion on the last sentence of 16.6? I interpret that paragraph as: "A hidden unit loses its special status and must be placed on the board if an enemy unit is able to spot it, or if it [the hidden unit] moves or [the hidden unit] conducts any type of fire.

The official rule:

16.6 Hidden Units.
In some scenarios, units begin play hidden. Some scenario books have special rules regarding hidden units. Barring any such special rules, the rules in this section govern hidden units.

Players write down the location of hidden units rather than placing them on the board. Spotting range for enemy units trying to locate hidden units is reduced to 1/4 normal range (minimum of 1 hex). Thus a hidden unit in clear terrain in daylight could only be spotted by a unit 3 or fewer hexes away, and a hidden unit in a town hex could only be spotted by an adjacent unit.

A hidden unit loses its special status and must be placed on the board if an enemy unit is able to spot it, or if it moves or conducts any type of fire.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4th edition hidden rules and artillery recon - by Hugmenot - 07-03-2014, 04:30 AM