Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Eastern Front' random events/change in orders -send reinforcements elsewhere
05-16-2014, 10:19 PM,
'Eastern Front' random events/change in orders -send reinforcements elsewhere
I understand that a lot of people don't use the random events tables as they can make a scenario somewhat "gamey" or "dicey" at times. But I really like the 'Eastern Front' random events compared to others (especially the randomly drawn aircraft ones). Anyway, my question is concerning the "send reinforcemants elsewhere" result. It reads: "six infantry (INF or CAV, MTN, SMG or ENG) and two HMG steps plus one leader must move off the board within the next seven turns ...".

Okay, do those units have to be chosen immediately and do they have to start moving right away? Second, if they fail to make it off the board within the seven turns are they just removed from play anyway and/or count as eliminated steps? Huh In some cases they may be involved in assaults and or be in disrupted/demoralized status and not able to make a beeline for or get to an exit right away. In this particular scenario any units that exit the map are considered eliminated for all purposes anyway. I suppose the same question could be presented for the "withdraw/change in orders" random event as well. Not a crucial inquiry and I have already decided how I am going to play this one out but would be interested what others thought about this.

Messages In This Thread
'Eastern Front' random events/change in orders -send reinforcements elsewhere - by Brett Nicholson - 05-16-2014, 10:19 PM