Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A lack of realism in Panzer Grenadier
04-13-2014, 04:42 AM,
RE: A lack of realism in Panzer Grenadier
I believe at the platoon level conveyed in PzG, the activation rules and other leadership rules are sufficient to account for "seeing the elephant"; remember to initiate an assault, a unit has to have a leader activate it and order it/lead it into an assault hex. So the rule is realistic/constraining enough to force the presence of leadership prior to advancing toward an enemy that can kill you. I think that is fine for platoon level gaming.

The TEC and morale/recovery rules and assault rules all sufficiently cover the difficulties/details associated with conducting such attacks.

Also, the rules with regard to decapitation and senior leader casualties (forcing morale checks with negative modifiers depending on how good the leader was) are sufficient depictions of how a formation can crumble in the face of some bad luck/leader casualties.

The cascading effect of the cohesion/morale loss due to step losses also conveys a very realistic effect of how combat effectiveness breaks down and the formations break and run more easily. I am good with the rules.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A lack of realism in Panzer Grenadier - by armyduck95 - 04-13-2014, 04:42 AM