Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A lack of realism in Panzer Grenadier
04-11-2014, 10:30 PM,
RE: A lack of realism in Panzer Grenadier
(04-10-2014, 12:17 PM)zaarin7 Wrote: I still think there should be some kind of a check before infantry can attack AFV's in open country bu that may be memories of SL/ASL trying to creep in.

I know the rule you are referring to, it first appeared in Crescendo of Doom. A friend (not the one I usually play with) and I discussed the problem of getting early war infantry to attack armor some time ago. No house rule came from it. Here are the working questions we decided upon:
  1. Should this morale check be collective or individual?
  2. Should the morale check be made in assault hex for the attack or prior to entering?
  3. Should there be modifiers for numbers of attacking units and/or for attacking from multipule hexes?
  4. Until what date should such morale checks be required?
My current and not well considered opinion is that it should be a collective check within each attacking hex. Morale modifiers from leaders (who don't need to check) would only apply to units stacked with that leader. The morale check would be made prior to entering the assault hex. Having 3 units attack would gain a -1 to the morale check. 1941 infantry would have a -1 modifier, 1942 a -2 modifier, no check required after 1942. Assaulting with infantry anti-tank weapons would have an additional -1 modifier.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking

Messages In This Thread
RE: A lack of realism in Panzer Grenadier - by plloyd1010 - 04-11-2014, 10:30 PM