Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air attacks against "hidden" units
02-06-2014, 10:17 AM,
RE: Air attacks against "hidden" units
(02-06-2014, 09:56 AM)thomaso827 Wrote: I'm working up to Guadalcanal, too, so this is very interesting. There was an AAR on Boardgamegeek that mentioned recon by fire/DF into potential locations of hidden units but I hadn't had a chance to read the rules yet when I saw that. I'm sticking to BoB for a bit while I get the basics sorted out, but hope to start Guadalcanal and Jungle Warfare scenarios soon.

I started with BotB about ten years ago in 2003, before this site existed and was my first PG game. Now after having played a few other games ten years later I think that it was pretty good for a starting game but my game then had the 2nd edition rulebook with it and a lot of the rules were vague and not clarified so much. I just got back into PG again a year back and found that I misinterpreted a lot of things that weren't made clear with 2nd edition rules. I don't know which edition rulebook came with your game but the 3rd edition, annotated rules here at the site have been a great help. I would definitely stick with a few BotB scenarios first before moving on to Guadalcanal or Jungle Fighting. I still have a lot of questions brewing concerning 'Guadalcanal' and am moving very slow with it, only two turns completed today; there's a lot going on and to keep track of. Maybe a little more complex with the SSRS and the maps but best wishes with your PG ventures regardless!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Air attacks against "hidden" units - by nebelwurfer9 - 02-06-2014, 10:17 AM