Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank Structure and New APL Games
02-01-2014, 12:28 PM,
RE: Rank Structure and New APL Games
(02-01-2014, 12:02 PM)Poor Yorek Wrote:
(02-01-2014, 11:35 AM)campsawyer Wrote: To be honest, the ranking system and the bounty system in PG has become quite boring. It does not change too much

A year or two ago, I suggested to Shad a modification to the campaign ribbon system to make it much more, well, "active." Folks would have earned a ribbon for five battles within any game/supplement and earned subsequent "repeat pips" in bronze, silver, or gold for further plays of 5, 25, 50. A gold Valor "V" would have represented completion of the game/supplement.

My thought was to provide much shorter-term rewards and a more visual representation of one's experience in the PG world. Two players might each have 50 plays, but one might have several ribbons (signifying play diversity), whereas the other only one, but with a gold repeat or Valor(completion) device (signifying play focus). Rank would still signify the totality of unique plays.

I gather this suggestion caused some debate amongst the Staff at the time and was dropped. Perhaps something like this could be reconsidered? My goal was to give new players something to show; to give veterans something to earn in the midst of the longer play separations of rank; and to have a visual "salad bar" that, at a glance, would suggest what the "Collection Status" does now.

PY

Interesting, but I guess I am feeling that I have become more interested in the different ways of playing rather than the accumulation plays. For instance, as of my last few games I have been more interested in the river crossings. All the good, bad and ugly of them. Also I am liking the campaigns,despite the time that it takes to play. The accumulation of plays for ranking, bounty and ribbons has fallen to a secondary concern.

Messages In This Thread
Rank Structure and New APL Games - by Poor Yorek - 02-01-2014, 03:27 AM
RE: Rank Structure and New APL Games - by Matt W - 02-01-2014, 04:23 AM
RE: Rank Structure and New APL Games - by campsawyer - 02-01-2014, 12:28 PM
RE: Rank Structure and New APL Games - by Shad - 02-01-2014, 11:54 AM
RE: Rank Structure and New APL Games - by Shad - 02-01-2014, 03:45 PM
RE: Rank Structure and New APL Games - by Shad - 02-09-2014, 10:35 AM