Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Entrenchments in river/bridge hexes and/or airfield hexes.
10-18-2013, 04:03 AM,
RE: Entrenchments in river/bridge hexes and/or airfield hexes.
(10-17-2013, 10:05 AM)Hugmenot Wrote: I agree the bridge must be taken but you can lose control of it if your opponent retakes or contest it.

Well, by now the bridge entrenchment has been taken and has been reinforced with two HMG units in the rearguard while other units advance towards the airfield. The only Italian colonial units left on the east side of the bridge are some Bande but they keep getting disrupted or demoralized before they can get enough strength up to attempt another charge. Plenty of South African troops remain in the eastern town to keep the Bande at bay and far away from the bridge. 12 turns left to go and it appears the Springboks have this one wrapped up but then again it's far from over. The colonials still have 6 units of FAN entrenched and dug-in at the airfield and as long as one step is left in the airfield in the end the Italians can at least hope for a draw which would be better than any previously recorded plays. It's been so long since I've played on any non-desert maps that I've forgotten that there is a whole world of terrain out there. The thorn forests here remind me of something out of middle earth or a Tolkien book - a nice break from the normal desert grind. I am very moved to give this scenario a high rating with all it's quirks.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Entrenchments in river/bridge hexes and/or airfield hexes. - by nebelwurfer9 - 10-18-2013, 04:03 AM