Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone interested in reviving the point system for unit values?
09-01-2013, 02:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-01-2013, 03:11 AM by larry marak.)
Anyone interested in reviving the point system for unit values?
A relic from PG's conception as a replacement game for PanzerBlitz (PG was offered to Avalon Hill, but they offered too little and wanted too much control), PG originally had a unit point chart for Soviet and Wehrmacht units, so you could design a scenario with orders of battle determined by the purchase value of units. Since Cassino came out this system has been replaced by campaigns in which entire battalions are brought in by expediture of campaign points. Would anyone be interested in reviving the original point-value tables? I enjoy playing out short "Ogre " style games, which an invincible defense meeting an irresistable offence. I can do this till the cows come home with units from 1st edition PG, but I'd like to extend this to all the nationalities of PG. Anyone got a prayer of how to do this?

Messages In This Thread
Anyone interested in reviving the point system for unit values? - by larry marak - 09-01-2013, 02:25 AM
Some numbers to chew on. - by plloyd1010 - 09-05-2013, 04:42 AM
RE: Some numbers to chew on. - by plloyd1010 - 09-05-2013, 04:51 AM