Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[House Rules] How to Solo with Hidden Units and Still Surprise Yourself
06-08-2012, 10:30 PM,
RE: How to Solo with Hidden Units and Still Surprise Yourself
Shad,

I do something similar but to avoid the breakup of the units into "pennypackets" of hidden units and losing their impact, I usually choose three sites on the board where I might want the hidden units to be and then assign probabilities to each. Like you the attacking force must "see" the hidden units before I resolve through dice whether the units are there or not. This way the full weight of the hidden units can be available.

This obviously works better when there are only a few hidden units (3 units and a leader or so). I haven't tried it in situations where substantial numbers of troops are hidden.

I also try to make sure that my attackers are moving with the spirit of the rules. If the historical information provided with the scenario indicates that the attackers blundered into an ambush, I will confidently approach the hidden units without cover or concern, getting appropriately blasted by Op Fire.
No "minor" country left behind...

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to Solo with Hidden Units and Still Surprise Yourself - by Matt W - 06-08-2012, 10:30 PM