Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Critical Logistics Shortfall-Do Ya Play On?
07-10-2020, 12:38 AM,
Wink  Critical Logistics Shortfall-Do Ya Play On?
This conundrum has probably befallen all of us; but it especially difficult a decision for the solo player. It may be easier if the game is in the endgame, but if there is no one side that is clearly ahead, should one keep going?

Possibly this should almost be a poll. The problem of FOW and logistics has been discussed before. Obviously the more activations, I.e. more units and leaders in a game, the more likely logistics problems will occur if playing w the optional rules. I remember some thread on this issue, but I can’t remember any suggestions about modifications to the rule. I like the idea of the logistics problem, but it’s tough to have a sudden death situation stopping the game.

I’m faced with it right now in PoC scenario #6, The Second Day. This scenario has 107 counters.
It’s turn #9 of 20. The Germans are pretty strong compared to the Kiwis. The object is to take two major towns. It’s basically a two front game. Germans to the east and west w Kiwis behind the West front, so it’s pretty interesting. But no German force has captured one hex of town. I’m tempted to stop the attack and declare New Zealand the winner, but this type of scenario has has happened in more games that I’ve played.

Thoughts?

Messages In This Thread
Critical Logistics Shortfall-Do Ya Play On? - by saracv3 - 07-10-2020, 12:38 AM