Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Clarify the pain of 1, 2X, etc....7.6.3
07-04-2019, 12:50 AM,
To Clarify the pain of 1, 2X, etc....7.6.3
So....
There is a hex....it has a German Platoon and a German Leader.....

It has some severe earth moving done with 3x18 Russian Artillery coming down on their locale...

There is a "1" result rolled on the 54 (just one less then the 55...so unfair.....)

This is read as a loss of 1 step, and all surviving units take an M2 morale check...(according to table...)

This results in (and the question is to verify this):

1) Reduction of the Platoon to a reduced platoon -- the 1 step
2) The Roll of the German Leader for step loss in hex --- rolling for '2' (as russian that's my perspective on his goal...) with a -1 because of one step loss
3) an M2 roll on the leader(assuming he survives the #2) roll), AND M2 on the reduced Platoon 

The question was the 3) .... it clearly says that "all surviving units after step losses taken"..... I interpret that
to mean that the reduced platoon (which already took a 1step loss) MUST take an M2 morale check (leader can help if he's not demoralized and has factor).

The question came up that he already took a step loss---and it seemed a "Double Jeopardy" situation....

We went with the interpretation of 7.61 to mean that both the reduced Platoon, and the officer must make M2 morale checks---this becomes harder for
a reduced Platoon (morale goes to 6...down to 4....) 

I think we played it right.....can we get a blessing? and dismissal of the "Double Jeopardy" concern?

thanks!
cjSmile 

Messages In This Thread
To Clarify the pain of 1, 2X, etc....7.6.3 - by cjsiam - 07-04-2019, 12:50 AM