Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bombardment casualties and Leaders
06-25-2019, 01:02 AM,
RE: Bombardment casualties and Leaders
(06-22-2019, 01:21 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: Firstly, I think it comes down on the leader as 55. We always played as the leader is with the least vulnerable unit in the hex (assuming he isn't hiding in a halftrack or something).
Now, since he isn't a lone leader, the X doesn't roll of on him. So he needs to take an M2 (because units were eliminated in the hex), then he needs to do a survivor roll. We had that part of the discussion in a thread long ago.
The survivor roll gets a little murky for me. Should unfulfilled X's be applied against the survivor roll. I would say yes, but the RaW seems to suggest no.

your thought being that the extra step loss (with a 2x, and only 1step artillery, one step is not applied) that would end up additional -1 on the die...
So instead of the 1 step arty loss (-1) it would be (-1arty-1additional step)....
I think the 2X is meant to signify a ferocious and effective bombardment....causing maximal casualties...

I think this is a rational and defendable within the game system approach/interpretation.....

Another good House Rule.... (Is there a special section of House rules we could choose, and print out?....)
thanks peter

Messages In This Thread
Bombardment casualties and Leaders - by cjsiam - 06-21-2019, 02:22 PM
RE: Bombardment casualties and Leaders - by cjsiam - 06-25-2019, 01:02 AM