Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
favorite scenarios
02-20-2017, 11:39 PM,
favorite scenarios
  What are examples of your favorite scenarios, and why?  I will first offer a few of my own.

Road to Berlin #38, "Flemings Sabred":  Soviet cavalry assault Belgian SS in a couple of small towns.  A notch below the next two scenarios I highlight, this one draws my interest for being different.  It was the first time I did lots of cavalry charges and encourages me to find more cavalry scenarios.

Winter Soldiers #17, "A Manhay Christmas":  A majority of my still-limited experience with PG has been urban assaults.  Both times I've played this scenario it was a rural assault, a pitched battle along the edge of a hill.  Toss in a lot of Yankee armor and an interesting mix of German AT guns, a Panther, and a StuG and you've got a strong scenario.

Road to Berlin #48, "Kustrin Corridor":  Classic example of quality versus quantity.  The Soviets have a lot more foot soldiers and tanks, but they must defeat a German combined force that includes fewer but superior armor.

To me A Manhay Christmas and Kustrin Corridor have come closest to showing off PG for all it can be.  My perception is both scenarios are at least a little bit unbalanced (Germans could use a couple more armor units in AMC, and Soviets could use a few more in KC).  That is the only reason I did not rate those scenarios a 5.

So again, what are your favorite scenarios, and why?

Messages In This Thread
favorite scenarios - by t1M0t8yk - 02-20-2017, 11:39 PM
RE: favorite scenarios - by Poor Yorek - 02-21-2017, 04:46 AM
RE: favorite scenarios - by Coniglius - 02-21-2017, 02:39 PM
RE: favorite scenarios - by Hugmenot - 02-22-2017, 12:45 AM
RE: favorite scenarios - by Matt W - 02-23-2017, 10:03 AM