Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Airborne corps
12-05-2016, 11:43 AM,
RE: Airborne corps
Thank you Philippe. I'm glad you liked it. Before I respond to your questions, I do try to keep my additions withing the system, This philosophy applies to house rules and new counters. Consiquently there are systemix constains considered in the counter additions.
(12-05-2016, 08:35 AM)leonard Wrote: The half-HMG are especially interesting along with the distinction between glider and parachute troops.
These are only ½HMG in the same sense that a 20mm AA gun is a ½gun. These are the same M2 as the other army HMG counters contain. The only real difference is in the mounting. The gun is on a pedestal cross mount, anchored with stakes. That is why they got the same fire values, but are treated differently.

(12-05-2016, 08:35 AM)leonard Wrote: In some recent research, I've reached the same conclusion as for the use of specific bazooka teams. But I was surprised by the 2-2 Direct fire value of these teams. Does it include the few rifles of the team or are the rocket explosive effects factored in these numbers ? Moreover, is the 3-0 AT value enough for the latest baz models used during the battle of the bulge ?
This is basically a copy of jay Townsend's 2.36 Bazooka. The launcher is the same, the rocket is one revision lower. I do think that the AT value is a little low, but this is where one of those systemic considerations came in. I would advise using the ATR modifiers Mr. Rahman suggested for all dedicated infantry anti-tank units.

(12-05-2016, 08:35 AM)leonard Wrote: Another point is the December '44 changes made to the Airborne infantry forces. 5-3 direct fire value seems far too low for parachute infantry during the Bulge : one full squad had been added to each platoon at that time and 2 X .30 MG were available per squad (but no BAR). Peter, don't you think 7-3 would be a better idea ?
No I don't. Keep in mind that parachute infantry only has 2 squads at this time. The upgrade you are thinking of doesn't happen until early 1945. Shortly after the Battle of the Bulge. At that time the glider infantry will be phased out and the airborne division will become triangular down to the squad level.

Thanks again. Glad you liked it.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking

Messages In This Thread
Airborne corps - by leonard - 12-05-2016, 08:35 AM
RE: Airborne corps - by plloyd1010 - 12-05-2016, 11:43 AM
RE: Airborne corps - by leonard - 12-07-2016, 02:39 AM
RE: Airborne corps - by leonard - 12-07-2016, 03:39 AM
RE: Airborne corps - by plloyd1010 - 12-07-2016, 05:40 AM
RE: Airborne corps - by leonard - 12-17-2016, 10:50 PM