Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nobody noticed
04-19-2016, 12:12 PM,
RE: Nobody noticed
Okay, just arrived in China and got back to the forum. (I really hate that flight.)

Dan, I did include pictures, mostly of game pieces to illustrate game linkage. Unfortunately, the images didn't get through when Dr. Mike translated it to HTML. I was disappointed when my "Only need to get close" image got changed to "Sometimes it takes a lot of holes". (My picture was a KV-1 which had a big crater blown directly in front of it.)

Philippe, I was only referencing guns in an exemplary sense for the ammunition development. I do like the idea of the magnesium cap. I didn't know about that, and think it is quite innovative. Some of the criticism I was expecting would have been that steel shot was really steel alloy shot. A point I briefly, but I suspect not very clearly, mentioned in the article. Oh, why I chose the French 25mm to as an example for for APC. What made that gun so effective and unique was the extremely high velocity of the shot. That velocity also accentuated the shattering problem.

I've attached the article as intended, mostly to provide the context images.

Attached Files
.pdf   Armor piercing ammunition.pdf (Size: 382.8 KB / Downloads: 20)
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking

Messages In This Thread
Nobody noticed - by plloyd1010 - 04-18-2016, 03:08 PM
RE: Nobody noticed - by otto - 04-18-2016, 08:14 PM
RE: Nobody noticed - by Hugmenot - 04-18-2016, 11:03 PM
RE: Nobody noticed - by leonard - 04-19-2016, 03:25 AM
RE: Nobody noticed - by plloyd1010 - 04-19-2016, 12:12 PM