Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dem units fleeing
02-24-2016, 07:42 AM,
RE: Dem units fleeing
Rich,

One more thing on this and I hope people that have played me on Skype a few times would vouch for.  I'm of the opinion that wargamers, whether PG, ASL whatever want too much control of their DEM or BROKEN units. To me, once a unit is in this state, they should just go as per a well stated rule that has little to no wriggle room for gamey flee/rout moves. A Napoleonic game I'm playing at the moment has very clear ROUT rules where the system takes over and you have no control (Jours de Gloire). When they rout, those boys run backwards and run and run until rallied. They run through units, woods etc.

Now an acid test to me for DEM units is when you ask yourself "Should they flee or not". The fact the gamer has to ask that question and the fact that they are within spotting LOS and within range of a unit that happens to be battling out with some comrades is a biggie. What if the enemy win that fight? They'll be coming after us. If in the shoes of those demoralised disinterested soldiers, I think the answer as to what their instinct will make them do is a pretty sure one. So it fits in nicely with the post above. In game terms, to me, once a unit is DEM then the less control the gamer has over them to stop them running the better..... unitil they're recovered.

Messages In This Thread
Dem units fleeing - by richvalle - 02-24-2016, 05:03 AM
RE: Dem units fleeing - by zaarin7 - 02-24-2016, 06:32 AM
RE: Dem units fleeing - by vince hughes - 02-24-2016, 07:27 AM
RE: Dem units fleeing - by richvalle - 02-24-2016, 07:29 AM
RE: Dem units fleeing - by vince hughes - 02-24-2016, 07:42 AM
RE: Dem units fleeing - by richvalle - 02-24-2016, 07:49 AM
RE: Dem units fleeing - by Matt W - 02-24-2016, 01:27 PM