Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
OC PG
10-27-2015, 08:40 PM,
RE: OC PG
(10-27-2015, 10:03 AM)Poor Yorek Wrote: Thought I'd share my "obsessive compulsive" PG set-up for  KBT #33.  Mea culpa for the light reflections.

LHS (Stalinists)
Red Dis/Dem markers
Red M/F markers
Red dice
OBA factors

RHS (Heer)
Blue/purple Dis/DEM markers
Blue M/F markers
Green dice
OBA factors
Plane counters (w/ d8 for random draw)
11th Pz. Div. reinforcements awaiting entry at top (EAST) board edge

Nice scenario for using several constituencies.  The Stalinites have both RKKA and Guards.  For the Heer, one can use the GD'43 counters; regular KBT for leaders and 11th Panzer units; and I used the slimmer Pz V counters from RtB for the 10th Pz. Brigade's break-down prone, and hence road-bound, panthers.  

Thank you very much for the picture. The details are quite clearly visible. Your set-up is interesting.

I think there is a mistake in the Soviet set-up: There is an Entrenchment marker in Cherkasskoye (town on the map 40) in hex 810. But the scenario says: "Place Entrenchment markers in any non-town hexes."

Victory conditions (German objectives) are:

1) Control all town hexes at the end of play.

2) No Soviet unit occupies a road hex at the end of play.

3) Exit at least 25 German steps off the north edge.

The Soviet player wins if the Germans do not achieve any objectives or just one. I think the Soviet player should focus on preventing the Germans achieve  objectives 1 and 2. Moreover  control of the road is essential for the Soviet player, because of heavy mud and  Panther tanks shortcomings (Special Rules 4 and 5) .

Therefore I would place six minefield markers along the road and six in semicircle south of Cherkasskoye.

Entrenchments: I would place half Entrenchment markers on the road (at least 3 north of Cherkasskoye) and the other half in a semicircle south of the town behind the shield of  minefields.

It is true that the Germans could freely leave the north edge of the map, but not serve them at all.

This is, in my opinion, the best Soviet set-up.

I just played scenario 10 (KBT).  In a set-up similar to this one,  the Soviets won a victory at first sight unlikely.

Do you play with 3rd edition rules? Markers belong to this edition.

Best wishes,
La guerra è bella, ma incomoda.

Messages In This Thread
OC PG - by Poor Yorek - 10-27-2015, 10:03 AM
RE: OC PG - by enrique - 10-27-2015, 08:40 PM
RE: OC PG - by Poor Yorek - 10-28-2015, 07:03 AM
RE: OC PG - by Hugmenot - 10-28-2015, 07:55 AM
RE: OC PG - by vince hughes - 10-28-2015, 09:30 AM
RE: OC PG - by Poor Yorek - 10-28-2015, 09:59 AM
RE: OC PG - by waynebaumber - 10-28-2015, 11:46 PM