Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now for something completely different.
09-11-2015, 10:09 AM,
Now for something completely different.
Anyone try ahistorically replacing forces from one division with another in scenarios.  Currently gold clubbers have been able to pick up division sets for the Moscow Militia Division (1941) Morocain Division (1940) the Finnish armored division (1944) the Spearhead division (1944) first Panzer (1941) , GD 43, GD 44,  the new unamed set currently being offered, and others as they become available.  I've played out a few Africa Korps scenarios using Morocain forces with appropriate 1940's French armor...sort of Mussolini strikes West instead of the historical East.  GD 43 was printed to be substiuted into Kursk NF scenarios, but it can be commited as a substitute force into any 1943 early 1944 action from Eastern Front.  Haven't figured out where to insert GD or Lehr or Spearhead into Cassino yet, but its tempting.  Of course I haven't received Spearhead yet and didn't order 1st Pz or Moscow Militia, so I don't know if they've been shipped yet.

With the AAD maps, Fr 40 and Morrocain counters, and Italians from AK and DR, one could create quite an enjoyable series of scenarios for Tunisia 1940.

Messages In This Thread
Now for something completely different. - by larry marak - 09-11-2015, 10:09 AM