Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scenario Size and which sizes gets played more?
02-17-2015, 05:00 PM,
Scenario Size and which sizes gets played more?
Scenario Size and which sizes gets played more!

Interesting thing; I tend to like small, medium, medium-large scenarios the best with about 25-150 counters and 1-4 maps. But some guys will comment they like the larger scenarios. But when you look at what gets played the most, the small and medium size scenarios. I mean just from the ones I designed, I see 1-3 map scenarios get play all the time but when I design something with 4 maps, those scenarios hardly get touched and they take a lot of time to design and format.

I would classify a scenario in these categories: Tiny, Small, Small-Medium, Medium, Medium-Large, Large, Very-Large, Huge-Monster. The number of maps and the number or counters, and the length of the turns in the scenario all factor in to determine the size. For example; you could have a three map scenario but only ten counters and I would call it a small scenario or the reverse; one with one map and 100 counters and I would judge it to be a medium-large.

I guess everyone judges it their own way but the fact is, the guys calling for the very large or monster scenarios hardly play them, at least from the data on the PGHQ site.

Messages In This Thread
Scenario Size and which sizes gets played more? - by JayTownsend - 02-17-2015, 05:00 PM