Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Designers : How About BIG Battles
09-05-2013, 12:18 AM,
Hey Designers : How About BIG Battles
In PG published World (inc.also " about to published" as well), we now have masses of British, masses of Americans, double-masses of Soviets and more Germans than you could ever shake a stick at. I'm of course referring to the total counters that hard-core PG players that own box-sets, book supplements et al would own.

Then there are the counter-artists such as Peter Lloyd who with their DIY constructed specific Divisions collection have even masses more ! And yes, there are also Larrys that buy up extra sets of counters. In varying degrees, most here have super-numbers of platoons ready to fight.

I wonder if any of our designers (you reading MP ?) are able to design some really monster battles ............... and I mean monster. Perhaps a supplement with some paper maps of a historical area (Cholm for example) containing something like 10-20 scenarios on a scale of unit usage not seen before. No counters needed as we have more than enough already. By using the historical maps of the area, the scenarios could follow a narrative (like Cassino or Beyond Normandy).

Of course, there are many gamers without the room, but such a huge historical supplement with massive scenarios would be my PG ultimate. For those with not enough room or not allowed to use enough room, its not such a big deal. They'll have to whistle :-) Just look how many gamers have zillions of games that they buy and after initial arrival and perusal they never even see the light of day again. Therefore, such a supplement is merely a PG indulgency that I would love to own and probably a minority wish product.

I know Wayne and I would give a few monster scenarios a run out here and there.

Messages In This Thread
Hey Designers : How About BIG Battles - by vince hughes - 09-05-2013, 12:18 AM