Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heroes of the Soviet Union Playthrough
10-15-2022, 11:12 PM,
RE: Heroes of the Soviet Union Playthrough
Thanks. To be honest, I've become more anti-social in the COVID era and can't really imagine playing against real opponents anymore (outside of my family, that is). I'm not a competitive gamer and I like to play both sides, not to win, but just to see what happens and let the dice tell a story. I also like the quiet time solo gaming gives me, and the chance to play at my own pace or in weird corners of free time I have.

Luckily, I think I understand the rules fine. Panzer Grenadier really is quite a straightforward game... I had trouble with it over twenty years ago only because it was my very first hex-and-counter wargame and I wasn't used to the common conventions of such games. I read the rulebook now, with the benefit of decades of more experience, and am surprised I ever had any difficulty with it.

In any case, I think I've played through all of the small-ish scenarios in Heroes of the Soviet Union now (at least the ones that I can play with just that boxed set). I've got the original Panzer Grenadier coming in the mail, which should "unlock" the last 12 scenarios of HotSU as well as provide more fodder for gaming. When that arrives, I may continue these battle reports if there is any interest in them.
Tony M likes this post

Messages In This Thread
Heroes of the Soviet Union Playthrough - by Grumm - 10-14-2022, 06:29 AM
RE: Heroes of the Soviet Union Playthrough - by Grumm - 10-15-2022, 11:12 PM