Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heroes of the Soviet Union Playthrough
10-15-2022, 05:58 AM,
RE: Heroes of the Soviet Union Playthrough
(10-15-2022, 03:17 AM)Grumm Wrote: Oh no, sorry, I don't play online. I prefer solo, although I occasionally game with my kids.

The "force morale" thing is a house rule I was playtesting, not a mechanic in the rules as written. The idea would be that as casualties mount across the entire force (battalion, regiment or whatever), command and control breaks down and that chaos causes lower-level commanders and platoons to panic or withdraw, assuming the battle is lost or unable to operate effectively without a consistent line of communication to the headquarters. It could generally represent the loss of runners, the breaking of communication lines, the depletion of ammunition or simply command confusion as well.

The system experimented with something similar to that in Beyond Normandy. It ultimately didnt get picked up in any other modules that I recall. My copies are buried right now or I'd dig up the details on it to compare.
joe_oppenheimer likes this post

Messages In This Thread
Heroes of the Soviet Union Playthrough - by Grumm - 10-14-2022, 06:29 AM
RE: Heroes of the Soviet Union Playthrough - by triangular_cube - 10-15-2022, 05:58 AM