Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking back from a Designer's view:
04-09-2022, 11:11 AM,
RE: Looking back from a Designer's view:
Felipe, Matt:  Re: Spanish Civil War - Have either of you read Antony Beevor's "The Battle for Spain: The Spanish Civil War, 1936-1939"?  I read it recently and found it to be outstanding.  While it does not give one a tactical-level history of the war, it does give the political, ideological, strategic and operational view, and thus is an excellent starting point for building a list of important tactical engagements.

Do either of you have source recommendations at the tactical level?

Comparing the infantry fight for the Falklands, circa 1982, to the infantry fight of the Spanish Civil War would be night vs. day in terms of basic unit strength.  I expect that the Argentine and British infantry platoon in the Falklands would approximate DF of 8-3, if not 10-3 (due to all those FN-FAL's, plus a GPMG per section), as opposed to 30-ish riflemen, armed with various bolt-actions, in a Spanish Republican formation - on par with a 1940: Fall of France Reserve Platoon DF of 2-3?

Yet the nature of the fight would be very similar, I think.  And - for the Infantry fight, at least - I doubt the rules differences between PG and PG-Modern would be all that significant.

Thoughts?

Rick
treadasaurusrex, waynebaumber, goosebrown like this post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking back from a Designer's view: - by PzIVF2 - 04-09-2022, 11:11 AM