Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It has long perplexed me...
01-06-2022, 01:18 AM,
It has long perplexed me...
I am sure almost no one like the Vassal Academy, that includes me too. Being part of getting PG Über hosted, I and many others know why it had to be there. Okay, we live with that. The Academy involves 3 paths to certification, with a Mentor (some guys are new need someone to show them the ropes), Self-study (play the Mentor scenarios your self) and Self-play (where you play 2 scenarios from a game you already have). With Self-study and Self-play, you need to submit logfiles mostly so we can say we did our diligence, of course if you are completely out of line or clues, we'll call you on it 9but that doesn't happen very often).

Now I get to the perplexing part. Most of you already have a fair sized PG library. Self-play gets one certified by playing 2 regular scenarios (not the Mentoring scenarios). Shared or solo play doesn't matter, just so long as the logfiles are submitted. Everything need to play one game (of your choosing) on Vassal is provided. It is probably the easiest path to certification, because you are doing what you would have done anyway (plus a logfile). Yet, of the 3 Academy pathways, it is the least chosen. That is where my befuddlement lies.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking

Messages In This Thread
It has long perplexed me... - by plloyd1010 - 01-06-2022, 01:18 AM
RE: It has long perplexed me... - by goosebrown - 01-06-2022, 02:07 AM
RE: It has long perplexed me... - by plloyd1010 - 01-06-2022, 02:48 AM
RE: It has long perplexed me... - by pixelgeek - 02-27-2022, 01:09 AM
RE: It has long perplexed me... - by Schoenwulf - 02-27-2022, 11:57 AM