Poll: How should future game charts be handled in PG Über
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A game chart tab, with chart tabs under it. (Everything in one place.)
28.57%
2 28.57%
Make game chart extensions. (Smaller modules, less clutter.)
57.14%
4 57.14%
No game charts in base module. (Use physical charts when playing.)
14.29%
1 14.29%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The chart section is getting big
04-24-2021, 08:43 AM,
RE: The chart section is getting big
Absolutely agree with triangular_cube. I only just am learning the PG system and am practicing with the rules before I submit my 2 scenarios from Elsenborn Ridge.

But I have years of mostly PBEM experience (with a few live ASL VASL games) with VASSAL and VASL (ASLSK, Lock n Load, Holland 44, COIN series, among others). The charts within the module maybe one of my top 3 values of playing games by Vassal. I've played many games where I had to have paper copies of the charts next to my laptop and, really - what's the point? Kind of defeats the purpose, no?

I hope they are not removed. I have many PG titles (believe it or not I collected them over the years, but am only just now getting to play them) and I love the system. I'm really looking forward to playing many of the modules via Vassal against live opponents, and I know from my own non-PG Vassal experience that those charts within the module are a Godsend! And I've played Vassal modules that contain a lot  more charts than PG does (one of the reasons I love this system!).
What history teaches us is that neither nations nor governments ever learn anything from it.  
- Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel

Messages In This Thread
The chart section is getting big - by plloyd1010 - 04-16-2021, 12:54 AM
RE: The chart section is getting big - by TomMarshall - 04-24-2021, 08:43 AM