Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Navies are like corporate lawyers
12-18-2020, 01:06 PM,
RE: Navies are like corporate lawyers
(06-29-2020, 03:33 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: As one may imaging, I didn't think the U.S. Navy's projection of power was adequate for Saipan et al.

Notes:
  • The destroyers are given their class names. The names will be editable in the Vassal extension.
  • The LST image will be randomized in the Vassal extension, it might be changeable too.
  • The LCI can carry 3 units, but they must be foot personnel units or mortars smaller than 90mm. The troops run down the 2 side ramps, so big weapons are difficult to handle.
  • The LCT can carry 1 vehicle up to an armor value of 5(?). Heavier vehicles are transported as reduced counters.
  • The LCI® fires the 4.5" beach barrage rocket. The range was fixed at 1100 yards. Hence the boat's range is fixed at 8 hexes. (6 would have been more correct, but seemed a bit shout for the game.)
LSVs are in the works, but since the official LCI® is likely to be different (and I would say wrong), future proofing for Leyte is a futile effort. YP-17, with her 37mm pom-pom, is in the mix. I do hope add a cruiser to the USN force, I think something like a Burmingham would be nice,

Cool looking additions, makes me want to add to my collection of PG games in the Pacific.
"Don't let the dirt and rust hang you up, we like to give the impression that we are out of action badly in need of rest and reorganization"

Messages In This Thread
Navies are like corporate lawyers - by plloyd1010 - 06-06-2020, 03:16 AM
RE: Navies are like corporate lawyers - by Juiceman - 12-18-2020, 01:06 PM