Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disrupted Tank with AT value 0 - can he still fire?
05-22-2020, 09:01 AM,
RE: Disrupted Tank with AT value 0 - can he still fire?
(05-22-2020, 03:24 AM)triangular_cube Wrote:
(05-22-2020, 03:10 AM)cjsiam Wrote: you actually had a second question...

would a 2-5 (for example) AT gun, which became disrupted, be able to fire at long range? as it is now a 1?

I think the answer is yes....the characteristics of the weapon have not changed, it's effectiveness has....
so probabilities it is effective at longer ranges is reduced (2->1)...but it can still fire at range.

I think the "2" factor chosen is trying to differentiate the small caliber weapons which have some AT utility....(AT rifles ...what other weapons are <2?)

I always thought that the "2" factor was chosen based simply on the math. Any 1 or 0 would be split in half for the long range shot, then rounded back to 1 or 0 because you always round up, effectively just making their normal range 150% of the printed value.

Given the proclivity expressed through out the rules to halve things and round up (generally)---I don't think that would hold up as the reason.
And the phenomena is really physics based---having enough "poop" behind the shell to keep it going out the additional distance...small calibers did not have
enough behind them (actually the mass x speed) to be effective against armor at ranges---things like aiming and hitting the target as the shell slows at range....

So I always ASSUMED (cause I've read no causation study) that it was caliber based....type of weapon....

But, I hold that you do get the range, but at discounted due to disruption it being less effective/impactful.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Disrupted Tank with AT value 0 - can he still fire? - by cjsiam - 05-22-2020, 09:01 AM