Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soviet KMS Prime Mover and Firing....
04-21-2019, 05:01 AM,
RE: Soviet KMS Prime Mover and Firing....
Yorek and Hug, thank you for the perspectives.

I recognize that the general interpretation of the rule is that the transport may either sit in hex and do nothing (while the OTHER unit) unloads,
  or it can drive away.
that seems to be the "accepted" interpretations of the rules.

But.

Transport is a special class....it's actions (unlike almost any other unit type I can think of) involves the actions of another unit....
whether that is a loading inf (1MP) unloading inf (1MP) both moves...... or a loading Weapon(full turn) or unloading weapon(where we are)....

I think a house rule that a transport can fire it's weapons when it is spending the full turn in the hex--whether it is loading or unloading 
seems appropriate---that does not mean it can move--drop and inf and fire---that would be a move activiation...

But if it was loading (for a full turn) a weapon or inf---it could fire as it loaded....that would be a Fire/while loading.
If it was unloading (for a full turn immobile) a weapon or an inf---if could fire as it unloaded....that would be a Fire/while unloading.
In all cases the OTHER unit would be under a move activation.

So the only caveat to the existing system is a rule that says 
"A transport unit which remains stationary during an activation my load or unload, and still fire it's weapons--marked with a Fire if it does so"....
I think this would also mean a transport which does not move, and participates in OP fire, can still unload on it's activation...
A fire activation does not preclude loading/unloading--for a transport....

I think that reflects how a platoon of armed transports would behave in the situation....

But, like you say---it'd be a house rule....

Do we have a "place where house rules can be proposed/debated/cataloged" within the forum?
As the system evolves....the issue of publishing paper cannot keep up with the discoveries...
Where might we find Rules Errata?
I shall look

thanks again for your insights.
cjSmile

Messages In This Thread
Soviet KMS Prime Mover and Firing.... - by cjsiam - 04-16-2019, 08:57 AM
RE: Soviet KMS Prime Mover and Firing.... - by cjsiam - 04-21-2019, 05:01 AM