Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soviet KMS Prime Mover and Firing....
04-18-2019, 03:23 PM,
RE: Soviet KMS Prime Mover and Firing....
(04-18-2019, 07:00 AM)Poor Yorek Wrote: 5.6 Once loaded, the transport unit and everything it carries count as one unit for stacking, movement and combat purposes.

So the transport and the weapon are both carrying out the move action of "limbering/unlimbering."  Being free to move (hexes) is a continuation of the declared move action; fire is a different class of action.

Why? what does it mean to be "a different class of action" if on one hand I can drive away at full speed unencumbered by
the fact that I was "unloading"?? Classes of actions are defined to help delineate actions possible...It is pretty easy to say "a transport may choose to FIRE if it is unloading
a weapon as it is freed of encumbrance in doing so" Otherwise the "can move" needs to be struck....you are either busy, and can't fire, or you're not busy and can....

why is it harder for my platoon to use the weapons on their equipment to cover the unloading by firing their guns at an enemy?

The only rationale I hear as yet is "because that's the way it was written"....I have yet to hear anything which addresses the
issues of "you can drive away at full speed, but you can't shoot"....

So---IF we don't want to explore the conundrum (and it's there...) then ok...that's the way it is...the rules say so---regardless of what might happen in 15min...

As a question -- what is the recourse to change the rules?
To get a modification from "the rule god"...and I'm assuming that would be Dr. Mike?
Is there a process (or should there be) to clarify with rationale such a situation?

I don't want to be difficult, but I'd like a rationale that holds up to what a group of professionals would do in the 15minutes of time
if they are NOT required to assist in unloading....(which they clearly are not if they can drive away at full speed)....
Why can they not instead stay in place and shoot their machine guns?

Messages In This Thread
Soviet KMS Prime Mover and Firing.... - by cjsiam - 04-16-2019, 08:57 AM
RE: Soviet KMS Prime Mover and Firing.... - by cjsiam - 04-18-2019, 03:23 PM