Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soviet KMS Prime Mover and Firing....
04-17-2019, 06:24 AM,
RE: Soviet KMS Prime Mover and Firing....
(04-17-2019, 04:41 AM)Hugmenot Wrote: Peter is correct but maybe 3.13 should have been more precise and add loading/unloading to the list of Movement actions. The issue is unloading a limbered weapon unit costs 0 movement points and thus there can be some confusion whether it is a movement action if the transport unit does not move at all this activation.

3.13 Unit Actions
The activated unit, leader or group performs actions in no specific order, but all actions must be designated before the first is performed. Actions are either Movement or Fire. Players need not pre-designate directions or targets - they just state which units will move and which will fire this action segment.

"Movement" includes moving (5.0), digging in (16.2), limbering/unlimbering (5.63) or attempting to recover morale (14.4). "Fire" includes direct fire (10.0), bombardment (9.0), anti-tank fire (11.0) and assault (12.0, even though initiating or joining an assault involves moving into the assault hex).

Once units are done moving and firing, mark them with Moved/Fired markers. Units marked with Moved/Fired markers may not activate again in the current turn except through Random Events (see Optional Rules).
Hugmenot...
If you look at 3.3 it does not say anything about the transport...only the weapon...

So...the only thing I can see clearly is that the description in 5.63 does not say fire--thus a rigorous interpretation, not troubled with rationalizing, would say cannot fire. RAW.

But, if I'm free to drive away...I think I should be free to shoot....

Messages In This Thread
Soviet KMS Prime Mover and Firing.... - by cjsiam - 04-16-2019, 08:57 AM
RE: Soviet KMS Prime Mover and Firing.... - by cjsiam - 04-17-2019, 06:24 AM