Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maps for Fall of Empires & Lawrence of Arabia
04-13-2018, 01:06 PM,
RE: Maps for Fall of Empires & Lawrence of Arabia
(04-13-2018, 11:44 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: While I don't know the specifics of the situation, I can say that you don't need pretty maps for playtesting. The only requirement for a playtest map is that it be technically accurate. Imagine a sketch map looking like the old SPI maps. Not much color, but accurate. I would expect that APL uses something like Hexdraw, or does a quick paste over(under) with CS2.

As to what kept them from release, I have no idea.

Right, you can certainly playtest on a crude hand drawn map as long as it indicates the terrain you intend to use. But the post about deciding to reuse existing maps suggests that wasn't the original plan, so I'm wondering about any scenario design that was done up to this point.

I know people rag on Avalanche for lack of playtesting and I try to not be one of those people, but these games have been in development for years and it's clear from the post that they didn't intend to use these particular maps until recently.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Maps for Fall of Empires & Lawrence of Arabia - by joe_oppenheimer - 04-13-2018, 01:06 PM