Poll: When should the entrenchment modifier be reduced to -1 DF?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Entrenchments should always be a -2 DF, except when the terrain modifier is -2 or more, in which case the entrenchment modifier is -1 DF.
50.00%
3 50.00%
Entrenchments are a -2 DF, except for when there is a defensive terrain modifier, in which case the entrenchment modifier is -1 DF.
50.00%
3 50.00%
Any limiting terrain reduces the entrenchment modifier to -1 DF. (You can imagine my snarky thought might be.)
0%
0 0%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Rules] Entrenchments in the jungle, and elsewhere
03-30-2018, 12:55 AM,
RE: Entrenchments in the jungle, and elsewhere
Was it those .50 caliber sunbeams that were lining up that you are referring too? But no, probably won't get another entrenchment, but I have 9 more turns to try.

Functionally, with entrenchments being a -2 modifier in non-woods/town limiting terrain, the shot is still only 2 columns down, due to the -2/+3 modifier limits. There is however, an a additional +1 modifier required to climb out of the hole. I am pretty sure that Brian Kipple felt that a -2 hole (caused by a -4 modifier total) was too much to climb out of.

While a -1 in limiting terrain would help my cause, it really doesn't feel right when considering it in light of digging in in such terrain.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking

Messages In This Thread
RE: Entrenchments in the jungle, and elsewhere - by plloyd1010 - 03-30-2018, 12:55 AM