Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
processing tiles failure?
05-09-2020, 01:08 PM,
processing tiles failure?
I am trying to get through the self mentoring process on vassal and have some experience with vassal albeit only through solitaire play. I have downloaded the main uber ap and enabled  the two extensions.  However, whenever I load the uber ap in Vassal it never completes the processing tiles step. just stays at 0%. I can still  get into the module and play out the first scenario and make a even make a log file.  However if I try to play back the log file it fails saying data is missing. Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
05-09-2020, 01:40 PM,
RE: processing tiles failure?
That's a new one for me. I don't understand how you could play anything if the image process never completes.

The first thing I would do is clear the tile cache.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
05-09-2020, 03:05 PM,
Not sure how clear tile cache? Thanks.
05-09-2020, 10:44 PM,
When you first open Vassal, before you open a game module, click on the tools menu. The second choice is to clear the tile cache. Vassal will be unresponsive until it finishes. If you've never done it, that can take a while.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
05-10-2020, 01:26 AM,
I think that did it. After clearing cache I ran it again. It correctly processed the tiles once. It then tried a second time and failed though. I just clicked cancel. Ran Uber module and was able to save and playback a log file. Thanks.
05-10-2020, 01:42 AM,
fishboy73, could you share some details regarding your hardware and software setup?
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
05-10-2020, 03:21 AM,
(05-10-2020, 01:42 AM)Shad Wrote: fishboy73, could you share some details regarding your hardware and software setup?
Indeeed, you are the person that this has happened to.
05-10-2020, 04:15 AM,
Well unfortunately due to ignorance on my part that’s easier said than done. I am not much of a computer person. It’s a mac laptop that my brother set up windows on. I’m even less of a Mac person. He is a computer person. About all I use it for is internet, vassal, and tabletop simulator. I’m pleased with fix. Clearing tile cache worked. Just have to click cancel once which is no big deal. I submitted first log file for review. I do have latest version vassal. Thanks for help though.

I kinda wonder if I didn’t do it myself. when I initially installed Uber I accidentally put the same extension on twice. I did delete everything and reinstall but that didn’t make difference at time.
05-10-2020, 04:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-10-2020, 04:33 AM by plloyd1010.)
Part of the problem is that you have a Mac. Java and Macs have a sketchy relationship. Installing the extensions twice may have created a double list somewhere in memory. I don't know much about Macs either, but I know they do weird things when you have apps not from the Apple store.

Have you got a Windows machine around?