Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Pieces
06-06-2020, 12:53 PM,
Game Pieces
Is it possible to move the Game Pieces into its own window like the Gameplay Markers? Or would that require a programming change?
06-06-2020, 10:53 PM,
RE: Game Pieces
It's possible, it may not be practical at this point. Practicality would depend on if the lists would move to the new format.

The change would be in the main modules. I can investigate for the Sept or Dec update, if enough players are interested.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
06-07-2020, 12:29 AM,
(06-06-2020, 10:53 PM)plloyd1010 Wrote: It's possible, it may not be practical at this point. Practicality would depend on if the lists would move to the new format.

The change would be in the main modules. I can investigate for the Sept or Dec update, if enough players are interested.

Its mostly an issue with the screen space I have available. I resize the main module window so I can maximize the size of the map. It is not a major issue. I have the same sort of issues with every Vassal module I run :-)
06-07-2020, 01:15 AM,
Could it be addressed by making the windows "pop up" and "go to back" easier?

If there was a little panel which had an "open" "close" for all the different windows...you could control them easier?
so that a small screen space could hop between windows easier....

Oftimes windows are hidden, and they are under others (the map seems to have a priority) and you have
to move things out of the way in order to find things....
06-07-2020, 01:55 AM,
I'll add a couple of screenshots so this all makes more sense. Currently the Game Pieces show up in the main module window. I suspect that the thinking was a) they only get used when the scenario begins and b) the module window is really large.

I resize mine so that I get the most space for the map that I can. 

As you can see, the Gameplay Pieces open in their own handy window because you are going to need them more often. Ditto with the Artillery window. 

So the issue really is that I crunch the main window and Vassal makes it a PITA to access those game pieces.

It is, ultimately, a pretty minor issue

Attached Files Image(s)