PG-HQ Forums
Saipan 1944 - Printable Version

+- PG-HQ Forums (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms)
+-- Forum: Panzer Grenadier (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Saipan 1944 (/showthread.php?tid=297)

RE: Saipan 1944 - larry marak - 11-17-2012

Those maps which are dark are very dark indeed Jay, the ocean, a few hexes from shoreline, is nearly black.

RE: Saipan 1944 - JayTownsend - 11-17-2012

I only design! But I really didn't have problems playing on my maps the last couple of nights. I would be the first to cry if I thought my maps were too dark.

RE: Saipan 1944 - larry marak - 11-17-2012

I think the problem, as Dr. B has stated elsewhere, is variable. I can play using a goose neck lamp, and by looking carefully.

RE: Saipan 1944 - vince hughes - 11-17-2012

(11-17-2012, 08:48 AM)JayTownsend Wrote: . I wonder if Vince got a bad one or you are lossing your eye sight?

Ooops Jay.... Should have said.

That is not a post from me, but from somebody else. I just had the good grace not to show their name as it had been deleted.

Mine have been released from their hidden caisson as mentioned before in that secret locale in North America with other PG goodies, and, using a super-charge explosive, have been fired across the North Atlantic. Hopefully, my chosen deliverer should have these with me before next weekend Heart

RE: Saipan 1944 - JayTownsend - 11-17-2012

(11-17-2012, 09:17 AM)vince hughes Wrote:
(11-17-2012, 08:48 AM)JayTownsend Wrote: . I wonder if Vince got a bad one or you are lossing your eye sight?

Ooops Jay.... Should have said.

That is not a post from me, but from somebody else. I just had the good grace not to show their name as it had been deleted.

Mine have been released from their hidden caisson as mentioned before in that secret locale in North America with other PG goodies, and, using a super-charge explosive, have been fired across the North Atlantic. Hopefully, my chosen deliverer should have these with me before next weekend Heart

Sorry, I didn't catch that first part! Smile

RE: Saipan 1944 - Hugmenot - 11-17-2012

The components being too dark is something I have complained about a few times already. My hope is AP will start using a lighter color palette.

As someone who has assembled over 20 PnP games, I can vouch even components printed at a professional shop can come out darker than intended.

RE: Saipan 1944 - Shad - 11-17-2012

(11-17-2012, 09:17 AM)vince hughes Wrote: That is not a post from me, but from somebody else. I just had the good grace not to show their name as it had been deleted.

The post you quoted was deleted?!? That's shameful.

RE: Saipan 1944 - Michael Murphy - 11-17-2012

I just unpacked my copy to check out the maps. Yes, either the colors are too dark or the hex lines are too thin to read consistently. However, I play on a workbenck under a desklamp (I bought it 37 years ago) as well as a small florescent light. I checked and I can focus on the hex numbers and then find the hexlines. It isn't ideal but I think I can work with the maps provided. Confused

RE: Saipan 1944 - vince hughes - 11-17-2012

(11-17-2012, 10:17 AM)Shad Wrote:
(11-17-2012, 09:17 AM)vince hughes Wrote: That is not a post from me, but from somebody else. I just had the good grace not to show their name as it had been deleted.

The post you quoted was deleted?!? That's shameful.

It may have been deleted by the poster of course ?

But it ain't there no more

RE: Saipan 1944 - Poor Yorek - 11-17-2012

(11-17-2012, 09:04 AM)larry marak Wrote: I think the problem, as Dr. B has stated elsewhere, is variable. I can play using a goose neck lamp, and by looking carefully.

Quote:However, I play on a workbench under a desk lamp (I bought it 37 years ago) as well as a small florescent light. I checked and I can focus on the hex numbers and then find the hexlines. It isn't ideal but I think I can work with the maps provided.

Maybe APL should add a disclaimer to their box games: Magnifying glass and high-intensity lamps not included!

Btw, for the sake of public (or site) disclosure, I am not the mystery poster being referenced ... my user account was blocked and one of my posts deleted several months ago (APL shall not be mocked).