PG-HQ Forums
Saipan 1944 - Printable Version

+- PG-HQ Forums (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms)
+-- Forum: Panzer Grenadier (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Saipan 1944 (/showthread.php?tid=297)

RE: Saipan 1944 - JayTownsend - 11-14-2012

Ok Andrew you rock-head &^%$@&%@@!

Just kidding! Smile

RE: Saipan 1944 - larry marak - 11-15-2012

Well, the game's arriving everywhere now, nice to see an almost all at once release after the long (still in progress?) release of KSF. I'm guessing Dr. B. waited the couple of weeks it took to get all the countersheets run and delivered before shipping to allow for a mass release. As others have posted, the maps appear too dark, but when you look at the clearings around the towns, they seem rather bright, so I'm not sure where the solution lies. There doesn't appear to be any laser burn on the counters, and the cuting is perfect.

One must feel sorry for Jay at this point. At the crowning moment of his achievement, laser cutting makes counter-clipping unnecesary, so now he must get out the rubbermaid trash can full of counter-clippings and start glueing them back on.....

I received Nihon Silk in the same mailing. This is a massive infusion of new IJA and SNLF units to the game. I especially am impressed with the parachute SMG troops...probably the most combat effective Kamakazi force ever assembled.

RE: Saipan 1944 - JayTownsend - 11-15-2012

I still clip the laser counters! Smile

RE: Saipan 1944 - Hugmenot - 11-15-2012

(11-15-2012, 12:38 AM)larry marak Wrote: Well, the game's arriving everywhere now, nice to see an almost all at once release after the long (still in progress?) release of KSF. I'm guessing Dr. B. waited the couple of weeks it took to get all the countersheets run and delivered before shipping to allow for a mass release. As others have posted, the maps appear too dark, but when you look at the clearings around the towns, they seem rather bright, so I'm not sure where the solution lies. There doesn't appear to be any laser burn on the counters, and the cuting is perfect.

One must feel sorry for Jay at this point. At the crowning moment of his achievement, laser cutting makes counter-clipping unnecesary, so now he must get out the rubbermaid trash can full of counter-clippings and start glueing them back on.....

I received Nihon Silk in the same mailing. This is a massive infusion of new IJA and SNLF units to the game. I especially am impressed with the parachute SMG troops...probably the most combat effective Kamakazi force ever assembled.
Larry, will you ever post an AAR?

I have been wanting to read one for a while because of your distinct writing style.

RE: Saipan 1944 - larry marak - 11-15-2012

I'm considering doing one for the first scenario in every module. That way I could add a tag line that I was number one in AARs' here. :-}

RE: Saipan 1944 - Shad - 11-15-2012

(11-15-2012, 02:17 AM)Hugmenot Wrote: Larry, will you ever post an AAR?

I have been wanting to read one for a while because of your distinct writing style.

Seconded!

RE: Saipan 1944 - vince hughes - 11-17-2012

This post killed on CSW before it spreads:

-----------"No, APL Support, you are wrong. My Saipan maps are terrible. I can barely see the hex grid on the clear terrain hexes and see none in the jungle terrain. All four maps are unusable. I tried the tipping trick and no hexes appeared. I just looked at my 1940 maps...they are beautifully functional...visible hex grids on all 8 maps. Will you send me Saipan maps with a clearly visible hex grid? Failing that, may I return the game for a refund" ----------

It appears that in some cases there was very little quality control of components. This is saddening when added to the development issues already raised by one play by a poster here on the very first scenario. Lets hope it was either one odd foul map set or a very hard to please customer.

RE: Saipan 1944 - Dean_P - 11-17-2012

(11-17-2012, 07:55 AM)vince hughes Wrote: This post killed on CSW before it spreads:

-----------"No, APL Support, you are wrong. My Saipan maps are terrible. I can barely see the hex grid on the clear terrain hexes and see none in the jungle terrain. All four maps are unusable. I tried the tipping trick and no hexes appeared. I just looked at my 1940 maps...they are beautifully functional...visible hex grids on all 8 maps. Will you send me Saipan maps with a clearly visible hex grid? Failing that, may I return the game for a refund" ----------

It appears that in some cases there was very little quality control of components. This is saddening when added to the development issues already raised by one play by a poster here on the very first scenario. Lets hope it was either one odd foul map set or a very hard to please customer.

Can someone post a pic of the maps as delivered? is it a consistent problem across all 350 or were some sets of maps darker than others?

RE: Saipan 1944 - larry marak - 11-17-2012

My maps have very dark jungle swamp and marsh terrain, the clearing around the villages however, is quite clear and bright.

RE: Saipan 1944 - JayTownsend - 11-17-2012

(11-17-2012, 07:55 AM)vince hughes Wrote: This post killed on CSW before it spreads:

My maps are excellent, a little dark in places but I played last night under plexi-glass with a tall desk lamp and had no problems seeing hex lines. I wonder if Vince got a bad one or you are lossing your eye sight?