PG-HQ Forums
Saipan 1944 - Printable Version

+- PG-HQ Forums (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms)
+-- Forum: Panzer Grenadier (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Saipan 1944 (/showthread.php?tid=297)

RE: Saipan 1944 - campsawyer - 11-13-2012

Jay, I have a couple of SSR questions. Did you write them or did John S.?

RE: Saipan 1944 - JayTownsend - 11-13-2012

I wrote mine but John and Mike changed them a bit, and added some.

(11-13-2012, 06:07 AM)JayTownsend Wrote: I wrote mine but John and Mike changed them a bit, and added some.

Ok, did you do the caves and light jungle sections?

RE: Saipan 1944 - Shad - 11-13-2012

If there are Saipan rules questions please post them in the Rules folder lest they get lost in this gigantic thread and never seen again by future Saipan players needing help.

RE: Saipan 1944 - Michael Murphy - 11-13-2012

(11-13-2012, 08:27 AM)Shad Wrote: If there are Saipan rules questions please post them in the Rules folder lest they get lost in this gigantic thread and never seen again by future Saipan players needing help.

Why not just start a "sticky" thread about Saipan in the Rules folder? It shows up as a new post, giving a it bit of visibility. If the topic is busy enough people will notice and follow it.

(11-13-2012, 08:27 AM)Shad Wrote: If there are Saipan rules questions please post them in the Rules folder lest they get lost in this gigantic thread and never seen again by future Saipan players needing help.

Will do, Shad. But first I need to figure out who is responsible for them. It maybe a thread or an email depending on who should answer.

(11-13-2012, 07:51 AM)campsawyer Wrote:
(11-13-2012, 06:07 AM)JayTownsend Wrote: I wrote mine but John and Mike changed them a bit, and added some.

Alan, I did do the cave rules, changing them a bit from Guadalcanal, as I thought the -3 modifier was too much, so it's now -2 but the rules about caves was still changed a bit more by either John or Mike. Same with light Jungle, I gave them my version and they changed it a bit. I haven't had time to compare the two in that detail yet, as I have been working on another project and have two other jobs currently including a full time one, so my time has been very limited. I need to find a better gig soon, so I have more time!

(11-13-2012, 09:06 AM)JayTownsend Wrote:

Alan, I did do the cave rules, changing them a bit from Guadalcanal, as I thought the -3 modifier was too much, so it's now -2 but the rules about caves was still changed a bit more by either John or Mike. Same with light Jungle, I gave them my version and they changed it a bit. I haven't had time to compare the two in that detail yet, as I have been working on another project and have two other jobs currently including a full time one, so my time has been very limited. I need to find a better gig soon, so I have more time!

Too bad game design doesn't pay. No problem. I will start a new post on this with the specifics and you can reply there. After that I will hit up John S.

(11-13-2012, 09:31 AM)campsawyer Wrote:
(11-13-2012, 09:06 AM)JayTownsend Wrote:

Too bad game design doesn't pay. No problem. I will start a new post on this with the specifics and you can reply there. After that I will hit up John S.

Overall, they stuck with most of my special rules. Tweeked some a bit but I am very happy we came to compromise and put the Hidden rules as optional. I think John did a great job on the development. He only change a few things, naturally the steup on some scenarios, as once the real maps came, he finally had hex numbers and hill locations. He also change the victory conditions a bit on a few scenarios but overall I am pleased with the results and most stayed in tact!

(11-13-2012, 03:29 AM)joe_oppenheimer Wrote: The terrain chart is helpful, but I'd love it if Jay would give us an example of a swamp, marsh and cliff hex from the Saipan maps.

Joe, on map 80, hex 0908 is swamp, hex 0907 is marsh, map 82, hex 0806 is cliff for example and so on!