PG-HQ Forums
Saipan 1944 - Printable Version

+- PG-HQ Forums (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms)
+-- Forum: Panzer Grenadier (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Saipan 1944 (/showthread.php?tid=297)

RE: Saipan 1944 - Matt W - 11-02-2012

Me three...

RE: Saipan 1944 - Michael Murphy - 11-06-2012

Direct quote from Birmingham posted 11/05/12 16:45 EST

Saipan 1944

Switching over to Blessed Availableness.

Remember, you heard it here first! Cool

RE: Saipan 1944 - larry marak - 11-06-2012

O.K. now that its shipping, time to drop this topic and start kibitzing about the two new Western Front modules with counters coming out in 3d6 weeks.

RE: Saipan 1944 - campsawyer - 11-06-2012

(11-06-2012, 10:42 AM)larry marak Wrote: O.K. now that its shipping, time to drop this topic and start kibitzing about the two new Western Front modules with counters coming out in 3d6 weeks.

They won't come out if you roll the Fog of War with those 3d6 Wink

RE: Saipan 1944 - larry marak - 11-08-2012

The first preview of scenarios is up on the website now, for those of us who don't have the game open before them.

RE: Saipan 1944 - Hugmenot - 11-08-2012

You need to click the Saipan box image to see the scenario previews.

RE: Saipan 1944 - awdougherty - 11-10-2012

Has anyone gotten a chance to play this? Any good? I don't have the strongest interest in the Pacific theater but I also don't have any PG pacific action and rounding out the collection is always good, but not if the game isn't worth it.

RE: Saipan 1944 - campsawyer - 11-10-2012

(11-10-2012, 09:51 AM)awdougherty Wrote: Has anyone gotten a chance to play this? Any good? I don't have the strongest interest in the Pacific theater but I also don't have any PG pacific action and rounding out the collection is always good, but not if the game isn't worth it.

Not quite on the tables yet, still in the US Postal Service or UPS trucks.

RE: Saipan 1944 - Michael Murphy - 11-10-2012

I haven't gotten a shipping notice. I should be among the last shipping notices posted. I will let everybody know when AP is getting near the end of the (pre)order list.

RE: Saipan 1944 - campsawyer - 11-11-2012

I can report that Saipan has landed here in Western Mass. Congratulations, Jay it is now arriving in players hands. Delivered in the morning mail, I immediately opened it and here are my initial thoughts.

The boards, impressive on the website, but came out darker than I would like after printing. Differences between heavy and light jungle maybe an issue for some as it will need good lighting to tell the difference. The variety of visual images are nice, but the TEC chart on the back of the scenario is in black and white, not making the identification any easier. The stock they were printing on is slightly better than the ones used for EB or KSF.

The counters, laser cut and look good. No miss cuts, burn markers or smokey smell. Some interesting new counters for the Japanese, but I am impressed with the Marine firepower, if these guys get into assaults there is no doubt the Japanese will take losses.

The special rules, fairly comprehensive for the game, but I have failed to find the rules describing anything different about cane fields. I assume that the regular field rules apply? Que Jay. Interesting rules for Satan tanks as well as MK7's. The best rules I found was the update to hidden rules. Which makes them totally optional in the scenarios.

The scenarios look interesting. Nothing really stands out as issues, playing will force them out. Most are smaller in length with a few longer ones, > 20 turns. There is some impressive OBA's in the few scenarios that I looked at. I look forward to giving them a try.

Overall it looks good. Production does look a bit rushed with the map issues and possible missing SSR's, but those can be overcome if the scenarios play well.

Good job Jay for getting this going.