PG-HQ Forums
Saipan 1944 - Printable Version

+- PG-HQ Forums (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms)
+-- Forum: Panzer Grenadier (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Saipan 1944 (/showthread.php?tid=297)

RE: Saipan 1944 - Shad - 10-31-2012

(10-31-2012, 03:07 AM)vince hughes Wrote:
(10-31-2012, 12:00 AM)Shad Wrote: Np.

Who playtested Saipan?

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

This is APL you're talking about right ?

I try to give them the benefit of the doubt at least once a year! AngelBig Grin

RE: Saipan 1944 - JayTownsend - 10-31-2012

If Saipan does well and there is any demand, it might be possible for me to do a supplement on Guam & Tinian!?

RE: Saipan 1944 - larry marak - 10-31-2012

Probably the question was do you know how many playtesters AVP used in development after they accepted your work.

RE: Saipan 1944 - JayTownsend - 10-31-2012

Not my deal Larry! I don't see it after it goes to development other then to answer questions. As far as I know, AP hasn't playtested in 7 or 8 years but what do I know? When I submit a design however, it's better than playtested, as I try out the scenarios, adjust victory conditions, try to make it so both sides have a chance and most important, that the scenarios are fun to play.

I found Saipan a little difficult to test like I prefer, as again I didn't have the actual maps, so I had to use a mix of maps, also the new counter values weren't in the picture yet, so it wasn't prefect but I will stick with it, as being very good scenarios, so I will take any blame if for some reason they weren't what you are looking for.

Now I know why designers don't post on these boards, a tough crew here! Smile

Out of all the scenarios, there are just a couple I was worried about, not having enough turns but without someone playing it 5-6 times it is hard to tell and I wanted to make them tense. The counter-landing is one I wish I could have tested a few more times but I think after development it should be fine.

Well anyway, I am looking forward to playing them all again with real maps, new counters and few new rules I hope AP kept.

RE: Saipan 1944 - vince hughes - 10-31-2012

(10-31-2012, 12:26 PM)JayTownsend Wrote: Now I know why designers don't post on these boards, a tough crew here! Smile

A hangman's possee outside the bedroom window is hardly a tough crowd Jay.... Man-up !

RE: Saipan 1944 - Shad - 10-31-2012

(10-31-2012, 12:26 PM)JayTownsend Wrote: Now I know why designers don't post on these boards, a tough crew here! Smile

If you think "who playtested this game?" is a tough question, you're a pushover! Rolleyes

RE: Saipan 1944 - campsawyer - 10-31-2012

As for playtesting by APL, there is not much of it going on. There was some limited testing with the campaigns, but that is it. It has gone very dark in that area. Not that it was ever very light in the first place, but the brief spark of testing had some promise.

RE: Saipan 1944 - JayTownsend - 11-01-2012

Ok that is it, I am withdrawing my game from the market!

RE: Saipan 1944 - larry marak - 11-01-2012

Darn it, I had already pre-ordered, I mean early ordered it. :-{. Don't blame you Jay, without testing on the new maps and with the new counter values, your reputation as a designer could be severely compromised.

RE: Saipan 1944 - Michael Murphy - 11-01-2012

(11-01-2012, 12:22 AM)JayTownsend Wrote: Ok that is it, I am withdrawing my game from the market!

Oh no you're not. I've already order my copy and dammit, I want it! Cool